Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any ideas, comments, or advice is welcome

Good day,
    I am new to this walk of life, or at least in opening up about it. First, alittle about myself.
    I am in my mid 20s, I have worked as a fire fighter for a number pf years before my career path led me Into a different government sector. Religion as a whole has, and still does leave a very bad taste in my mouth due to the religion I was forced to be around growing up, and the amount of research I've done on other religions with their business dealings ect. But I'm coming to terms that even though I do not want to be apart of any religion, I have begun to on stumble into one when it comes to my core belief system.

I've always been one of those people that somehow ends up in the right place at the right time, to help others, or barely missing disaster. I've seen spirits and the like for awhile now. Never really connecting to gain information from them. I had a, ways done my best to block it out. But over the past year, I've come to terms that maybe there's alittle more to myself than previously imagined. Now, I see spirits quite more frequently, and even hear them on occasion. Accompanied with vivid dreams, and the occasional astral projection.

In the past I have come into contact with a few psychics, never seeking them out, and almost all of them have offered up the advice to pursue this. And to go with my gut. I've had things from seeing, and hearing spirits, to finding crow feathers under and in my bed, or getting that almost electric feeling when I'm around certain crystals.

My question to all who read this is, where should I start and how?
    Any comments are greatly appreciated, and any questions asked will be answered to the best of my limited knowledge.

Thabk you for your time.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I am writing on a tablet, with a poor internet connection. Please forgive the spelling errors.

Re: any ideas, comments, or advice is welcome

Welcome.

Best advice, read as much as you can about the topics that rouse your interest and ask as many questions as you need to. The forum is a good place in itself to read through concepts and responses to other questions. It's a good place to start, and the more you read the more you'll naturally explore.

Comment

I came into my beliefs through studying different aspects of science. I was in college and doing a lot of math, physics and chemistry. When I began reading about ancient shamanic practices and noticed a truckload of parallels I found that really encouraging. The more complicated the science gets the closer and closer it comes to resembling the simplest practices of magic. Of course this all helped me because I didnt wanna be one of those cant-back-ut-up jerks that walks around spouting religious nonsense they cant explain; theory was important to me. I wanted to have a general understanding of WHY what I was doing was working.
      Like you Ive been seeing spirits my whole life. They arent usually humanoid so I guess "entities" would be a less misleading term. That has always been a pretty tangible piece of my life so I think spirituality should reflect that. I started with very basic shamanic technique (trance/journeying) and the simplicity of it was very attractive to me. I can apply the method to whatever belief system I hold and I dont have to go buy 200$ worth of spell material to do it. Then you have the fact that it actually works lol which helps. Something that might help you get started/get a leg up on practicing is doing some research on astral projection and out-of-body experience. Lucid dreaming is also a simple, practical (and not terribly time consuming since you sound very busy) way to practice out-of-body technique and parallels shamanic trance in a lot of helpful ways. The order I did all this in was research on theory/lucid dreaming & astral projection (thought about it a lot, reasoned out theory) followed by the practical application of shamanic trance.
      On a side note: If you have a deity you feel close to you really dont have to know everything about contacting and pleasing deities to do it. In my experience if a deity likes you they will be open to your communication. Point being, nothing Ive talked about should be a pre-requisite to having a faith that you love. It sounds like youre already being watched by someone and if youre that important, everything Ive talked about is simply a formality Feel free to pm me about anything if this is like really confusing lol cuz Im like deathly ill atm and for all I know I couldve just banged out a whole page of complete friggin' gibberish

Comment

the way i started was by reading and a LOT of meditation! over time, i gathered a lot of books and information before i made any sort of decisions. i think networking and talking with other people is also a great way to start......
        good luck, my friend, and have fun discovering!

Comment

Welcome on board!

Read read read and talk talk talk to those who are familiar with the spirit world, just as those above suggest...

And don't let the nay sayers hold you back.

I don't see spirits, never have, but I don't doubt they exist and that people interact with them.

But you will run into folks that just because they haven't had the experience will poo poo it. Don't let other people, even other spiritually minded people talk you out of your own experience.

Comment

Working...
          X