X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girl used as a bait school faces lawsuit

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/20/us/ala...l?c=homepage-t

On January 22, 2010, the boy approached a 14-year-old girl with special needs who had already declined his "recent, repeated propositions" for sex, according to the brief.

"She was not physically or mentally handicapped, although she does qualify for special education classes," Artrip told CNN.

When the girl told Simpson, she encouraged the girl to "meet (the boy) in the bathroom where teachers could be positioned to 'catch him in the act' before anything happened," according to the brief.

The girl initially refused, but then agreed, according to Artrip.

Simpson and the girl went to Dunaway's office to explain the plan. Dunaway "did not respond with any advice or directive," according to the brief.

"If this was problematic for the administration it would have been better to express that on the front end instead of the back end," said attorney McGriff Belser III, who represents Simpson.

The girl left Dunaway's office, found the boy in the hallway, and "agreed to meet for sex," according to the brief.

"Something went wrong," said Artrip.

Instead of meeting in the boys' bathroom on the special needs students' corridor, the boy told the girl to meet him in the sixth-grade boys' bathroom, in another part of the school, according to the brief.

"No teachers were in the bathroom to intervene," the brief reads.

Re: Girl used as a bait school faces lawsuit

This hits home for me because its in my city... im am in shock and disbelief that school administrators could be so irresponsible! That poor child... And the kid who raped her had been in trouble for sexual misconduct 15 TIMES!! what was he still doing there!! he should have been expelled for the safety of the other kids! just wow!

Another thing thats happened here enrages me almost as much!

The "sheriff's department" in madison, had some good ole' boy justice, on a regular guy, a construction worker, robert bryant Rallies, because he had gone to a bar where an off duty officer was with his girl. Bryant catcalled his girl, a fight broke out, cop was on the losing end, but it wasnt that serious. well after that, the cop and his "posse" started harrassing this man, pulled him over, and went rodney king on this guy, put him in the hospital and charged him with ridiculous charges like destruction of police property because he bled on their uniforms...

well Bryant went to his friend Jason Klonowski, who happened to be rich, and his friend started holding "Justice for Robert Bryant" and no one was really paying that much attention... but he started getting death threats... a couple days later they found mr klonowski shot in the head, propped up next to his barn...

Talk about Police corruption... it feels like theyre trying to sweep it under the rug... I just dont know whats wrong with people...

Google... police corruption in madison sheriff's dept for more info if this interests you=) id link but i dont think newbs are allowed =)
    Last edited by Aislin; 21 Sep 2014, 12:52. Reason: typed it out too fast, made mistakes lol

Comment

Gotta love that good ol boy justice. Theres a lot of police coruption in the south if you ask me.

Comment

haha i edited that to add "robert bryant rallies" but i put it in the wrong paragraph, but im glad u got the gist!

and yep on corruption in the south... Our local PD is pretty professional... but the sheriff's dept is a joke... I think the FBI is involved now...

but i think everyone at sparkman high school who had anything to do with that little girl being raped should face the consequences... They failed her utterly, and i question the safety of the other students with people like that in charge. I just dont see how using a mentally handicapped child as bait for a sexual predator could ever be considered a good idea. Why did they need to "catch him in the act" he has been in trouble 15 times... seems like they already had. and why wasnt this info taken to the police?? This whole plot was hatched by a "teachers aide", and signed off on by the principal!. in my opinion they should be considered accessories to the rape... They put that child in harms way, its on them...

honestly this has been all ive been thinking about since the story broke... im just so outraged and sad for that lil girl. Sodomized at 14 years old... the world is messed up...

ok rant over...

Comment

I was fairly disgusted myself.

Comment

The fact that they resorted to using a handicapped child is the most disgusting part in my opinion.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X