Finding My way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding My way

So I'm very new to this site and I made a profile in an attempt to seek advice and wisdom as well as making a few friends here and there. My situation is this... I've been traveling pretty much my whole life, my family (my mom, my younger and I) are a bit gypsy-ish and so I was raised off of Christian/Catholic beliefs but never felt any sort of connection with it. I have always had a fascination with the occult and supernatural side of things and felt more of a connection than I did with my Christian/Catholic upbringings. As I got older I found that my family has an affinity with spirits, tarot cards, premonitions etc. As it turns out, I have some family who are heavily into Santeria and other things like it and I found out that my brother and I also possess the same affinities. I, for example, can sometimes sense a spirits presence and even see them sometimes. I also have three statues, two from the Santeria religion (Elegua and Chango Macho) and one from Voodoo (Papa Candelo). But I still haven't found a faith/religion/belief that I feel that it's for me and as a result I have a sense of emptiness and confusion that I can't shake. I have been researching different spiritual, natural, and magical religions/practices to see what would be the path for me, and I found a liking to Wicca, Santeria, Espiritismo, Voodoo, Hoodoo, etc. But to be honest I don't know what path I should take, there are so many and I feel a little lost trying to find myself. If anyone has felt the way I'm feeling and found their path or still where I am, still searching... What advice can you give to someone like me? What should I do and where do I start? I would like to hear some stories from whoever reads this and what they did to find their way so I may learn and understand what to do. I thank those who took the time to read this, and if you have any questions of your own, don't hesitate to ask.

Re: Finding My way

Well if u are looking for different religions to find one that fits u this is the best place to do it. And as for advice look around find something that fits or multiple that fits together something that speaks to u
    Knowledge is the key to eternity. Not bowing before a deity not grovling at the feet of a messiah. Knowledge is power beyond mesure - satanic witch

Comment

My advice is to read. If you find something that interests you or calls to you, learn more about that particular thing. Or if you come across something you don't know what it is or what it means, find out.

Also I try to collect as many sources as I can about whatever it is I'm learning about. So I'd advise not to stick to just one book or website for all information. It might get confusing after a while with so many different sources and inputs when they all might not say the same thing. But I think, in the end, it's better to have heard several different takes on a subject than just stick with one that might not be the right one for you.

Comment

My advise would be to not worry to much at this stage about finding a specific path and that it is also okay if you never find one. Keep reading lots of different sources, keep reflecting on what you have read, try out things that interest you, try out things that don't just to be sure, and eventually you will find you have begun to lay your own path. It may lead you to something Wiccan, or Hellenic, or 'add other specific path here'. Then again, it may not. As long as it works for you and it fills your spiritual need that is all that really matters.
        http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Hiya! I embraced the roller coaster of eclecticism. Like everyone said, don't worry if something doesn't come to you right away. Read everything you come across and you'll have a better chance of finding something that sticks around. After a month of learning you might not be interested in any of that anymore, or you might find only one or two holds your attention. Just explore all of it and you'll figure it out.

Comment

Working...
          X