Curses and the Like

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curses and the Like

Hey folks. I was curious as to everyone's thoughts and ideas on the subject matter. See, something happened that has put me into a state in which I feel that there is a need for vengeance or retaliation. Now, as I do not believe in the "Rule of Three" or that "Do as thou wilt, lest ye harm none" stuff, I feel that there can be times in which taking direct action is warranted. Some had once asked me how I could be willing to strike out against someone who has done wrong to me or mine when I believed in a concept similar to karma. My response was "Easy. How do you know that my actions are not the direct result of that person's karma?"

I have been working on the crafting of a nithing pole, and that got me thinking as to what other people's views are regarding this.

Re: Curses and the Like

I admit I am wiling to use them whether it be crossings, hexings, cursings. I just have the rule I do not start any of them while I am in the grips of anger or frustration as that always results in it being directed back at you as well. Have to admit though I think a lot of people toss the terms around but really have no idea just how much energy it takes to really perform one of them.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I generally use battle art for the same reason I use physical force. If you are a direct and malicious threat to someone under my protection or to myself then you forfeit 90% of the protections offered by my code of ethics. Otherwise, I have other things to do.
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I hope you don't go beheading a horse to make your pole.

But honestly, why not just go settle this with the person directly? Person to person is the best.
        White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
        sigpic
        In Days of yore,
        From Britain's shore
        Wolfe the dauntless hero came
        And planted firm Britannia's flag
        On Canada's fair domain.
        Here may it wave,
        Our boast, our pride
        And joined in love together,
        The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
        The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

I usually don't condone cursing people, but I can understand the desire for vengeance. And as a person who has wished harm upon others before, I can't really tell you not to curse anyone without sounding like a hypocrite. So... if you can't work it out otherwise, go ahead and do whatever makes you feel right, and I won't stop you.

Comment

I prefer direct confrontation, if u wrong me and I can reach u then I'll settle it physically if not then that is when I pull out the proverbial black candles
            Knowledge is the key to eternity. Not bowing before a deity not grovling at the feet of a messiah. Knowledge is power beyond mesure - satanic witch

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
              I hope you don't go beheading a horse to make your pole.

But honestly, why not just go settle this with the person directly? Person to person is the best.
              No, no horse beheadings. Personally, I would prefer to do it in person, but that is just not possible, as the individual in question is over 300 miles away.

Comment

I haven't ever used a curse. I've been especially angry with people and hurt by people, but my morals and ethics will never allow me to curse another because of what someone has said or done to me. Plus there is the rule of karma, whatever you send out is sent back. So I try not to send out any negativity.
                Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

When you are angry with someone it is best to attempt to discuss the issue properly with them. If the issue cannot be resolved, and it is a great enough offence in your mind, then you should probably just simply avoid future contact with said person. That's what I would do anyway.

No need for curses, hexes, or anything of a similar nature. :^^:

Comment

"Time wounds all heels." -- John Lennon

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
                      Hey folks. I was curious as to everyone's thoughts and ideas on the subject matter. See, something happened that has put me into a state in which I feel that there is a need for vengeance or retaliation. Now, as I do not believe in the "Rule of Three" or that "Do as thou wilt, lest ye harm none" stuff, I feel that there can be times in which taking direct action is warranted. Some had once asked me how I could be willing to strike out against someone who has done wrong to me or mine when I believed in a concept similar to karma. My response was "Easy. How do you know that my actions are not the direct result of that person's karma?"

I have been working on the crafting of a nithing pole, and that got me thinking as to what other people's views are regarding this.
                      I believe that, ultimately, you are the only person who can decide whether a curse is merited in this situation.

My view on curses is rather simple. If I believe a curse is merited, then I perform one. I have only used a legitimate curse twice in my lifetime. I prefer ignoring people to cursing them, but sometimes it may be necessary.

Comment

I have no problem with execration magick when it's warranted. The reality is, though, that not very many people are actually very good at it. Execration magick is amongst the hardest to get right, because most people approach it from a place of anger and reactivity, thus have difficulty focusing and controlling the spell. The other issue is whether you've picked your fight appropriately... it's almost never a good idea to curse or hex another magick worker unless you are confident in your skill against theirs.

I'm linking to a few topics where we've discussed execration magick before, because I replied in them extensively and can't be bothered typing it all out again... it might be worth a look if you want to see some in-depth answers and advice about execration magick.

Where someone was asking advice for performing a curse

About cursed objects

Comment

The first rule of Curse Club is don't talk about Curse Club. Do it, don't do it. But always remember that it's a dish best served cold, quickly, silently, and with every ounce of energy you can muster. Don't cast a curse unless you are well versed in shielding, be sure to maintain your personal and home wards, and be sure to shield your loved ones (not from blowback, but from any return fire). I'm sure I don't need to tell you that nithing is serious business, be sure you've explored all other alternatives. No need to shoot a gnat with a cannon. Good luck and good hunting.
                          I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and CountryTribe of my Tribe
                          Clan of my Clan
                          Kin of my Kin
                          Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
                          And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post

Keep in mind this is all my opinion, as well as from experience..
                            I feel that most
                            "By yarrow and rue, and my redcap too."

Comment

Curses are against my own ethics because I don't believe in harming people (which is not the same as refusing to fight back), and I believe that if I did use my energy and spellwork to harm someone, it would come back to kick me in the teeth. But, your path is not mine, and you have to decide for yourself what's right.
                              Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Working...
                              X