X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We all gonna die,and this is why.

Sanitizing crew turned away at Ebola patient's residence in Dallas

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/03/health/ebola-us/

The cleaning crew to clean the apartment where ebola patient was,did not have the proper permit to transport the waste exposed to ebola.

Stick it in a freaking sealed box and burn it...
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: We all gonna die,and this is why.

Wow they need to get that place clean atleast its not airborne.

Comment

The freaking bureaucrats will be the death of us,"Sorry,you need form 5112 to die here,and you need form 2452 to get form 5112"

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
        The freaking bureaucrats will be the death of us,"Sorry,you need form 5112 to die here,and you need form 2452 to get form 5112"
        Yep. I get sick of having to prove I am me.

Comment

I can't speak to this particular case (as I'm not there)...but...I've seen "wrong permit" type issues before. Its not the problem of a wrong piece of paper being used, but of the wrong procedures being followed that permit approval represents. Different hazards have different risks and often need different mitigation strategies need to be followed for different hazards...so yeah, it does require a gazillion permit types and procedures because we've created a gazillion hazards which have a gazillion ways in which they can be introduced into the environment and into the human body.

(Hazard analysis and mitigation being what I do for my paycheck)

ETA: The family is quarantined in a sealed apt...they are already exposed, and they aren't going anywhere.
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

I have no problem requiring the clean up crew to be certified for all parts of tbe job. I'm a little curious why they were hired for a job they aren't certified to do though.
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Good to know you are out there Thal,wading through the paper to keep us safe...(I am just a normal person,with no idea what waits in the wings to kill me,and glad for my ignorance)

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                I have no problem requiring the clean up crew to be certified for all parts of tbe job. I'm a little curious why they were hired for a job they aren't certified to do though.
                Because it's been one superginormous cluster**** so far. We're unprepared. The people "in charge" are terrified, and trying to maintain order, and saying what they're told to say. The other day when the CDC and some different doctors were speaking on tv, I was listening but not watching. Try that. You can hear certain tones in the voice, a tightness of the vocal chords, if you will, that isn't natural, confident speech.

A Dr. from Springfield MO went to the Atlanta airport wearing a hazmat suit that had "CDC is Lying" on the back, which he was made to surrender. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...test/16583557/
                sigpic
                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

This whole thing is starting to remind me of that movie Contagion that was out a while back.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

^^^^ And "Outbreak". We need Dustin Hoffman to come save the day. LOL (Wish life was that easy!!)
                    sigpic
                    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Hell,I am so close to heaven,not that worried,but concerned bout my kids and grand kids..

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

A French commentary on bureaucracy. Enjoy.
                        Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

The CDC is underfunded. Its not their fault...they can only do so much when the House refuses to do anything useful. This is what happens when people elect ultra-conservative Republicans and libertarians to a majority of a Congressional chamber. This country has been the most innovative and productive when its had the highest taxes and stringent regulations--regulation and taxation acts as a sort of artificial selector that drives the evolution of individual businesses (look at ALCOLA in the 90's as an example of how putting safety compliance and prevention first as company's goal can increase profits by changing corporate habits), and taxes reduce income disparity...which in turn, increases the economy because the drivers of the economy (middle class) have greater spending power. Corporations don't create jobs and they don't make the economy run--we, the consumers, do (rich people only drive one car at a time too)...but they sure do drive policy.

And now, the people in place to safeguard the public are going to take the beating.

And we all pay the price.
                          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                          sigpic

Comment

Indeed.....Quick,into the Tardus.....

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Yup, libertarians, totally running the show. You know, since they have have zero seats in the house or senate and have gotten one electoral vote in a presidential election since 1972.....

This blame is equally on all elected officials involved, democrats and republicans alike and if you think otherwise I'm worried you may have had too much kool-aid. This idiocy is everywhere. Some people just spin the media in different directions. But frankly, I don't see why we need more money to be competent enough to figure out that we ought to hire people qualified to do something to do it.

Comment

Working...
                              X