Is Ra El?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Ra El?

If you were to try to decipher Israel into a dissection of three and have the awareness that everything is connected and nature can be revealed in strange ways. You may find it more than a coincidence that Israel can be dissected into Is Ra El?

Ra being the Sun in Egyptian and EL was a god known as the father of humanity and all creatures. Some say that the light was God. If you think of God as awareness or light as awareness a further analogy can be made of a dark womb with the pretreated potential of an egg being unaware and without form. A males seed is what gives it awareness.

What creates an even more interesting view to this point is the fact that when you cut an apple down the middle the star is in it's center. The Tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Re: Is Ra El?

Except those words all come from different languages. Israel would be written in hebrew, Ra in hieroglphs, and El in any of a number of mediterranean and middle eastern languages.

Plus, the bible does not say that the fruit of knowledge is an apple. Scholars tend to think it was either a pomegranate or a banana, but definitely not an apple.
    Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

I would like to add to Denarius's comment. Israel was the second name that was given to Jacob by Yhwh. I don't remember the reason, but this is definitely his second name.
      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
        I would like to add to Denarius's comment. Israel was the second name that was given to Jacob by Yhwh. I don't remember the reason, but this is definitely his second name.
        He got it because he was a badass who wrestled an angel for twenty-four hours straight and only lost because the angel cheated.

Edit: I looked it up, and it was only a single night. Still impressive though.
        Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
          He got it because he was a badass who wrestled an angel for twenty-four hours straight and only lost because the angel cheated.

Edit: I looked it up, and it was only a single night. Still impressive though.
          Cool. Impressive too.
          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

uhuh. So is this like anagram time?
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Bit of a stretch...But go on,I have a lot of time and am a bit bored..
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

is real
                reals i
                i reals
                rail
                lie
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Sounds like Talc Alf (local language nutter who does interesting talc carvings)
                  ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                  Seen the desert and the birds
                  You cut your hair short
                  Like a shush to an insult
                  The world had been yelling
                  Since the day you were born
                  Revolting with anger
                  While it smiled like it was cute
                  That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                    If you were to try to decipher Israel into a dissection of three and have the awareness that everything is connected and nature can be revealed in strange ways. You may find it more than a coincidence that Israel can be dissected into Is Ra El?

Ra being the Sun in Egyptian and EL was a god known as the father of humanity and all creatures. Some say that the light was God. If you think of God as awareness or light as awareness a further analogy can be made of a dark womb with the pretreated potential of an egg being unaware and without form. A males seed is what gives it awareness.

What creates an even more interesting view to this point is the fact that when you cut an apple down the middle the star is in it's center. The Tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Huh? The Hebrew word for evil is Ra. The Hebrew word for God is El. The tree of the knowledge of good and bad is often said to have been pomegranate.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Pathway Machine View Post
                    Huh? The Hebrew word for evil is Ra. The Hebrew word for God is El. The tree of the knowledge of good and bad is often said to have been pomegranate.
                    I was half asleep when I posted this. I should have said that the Hebrew word Israel means Contender or Perseverer With God; or, God Contends. I should have also said that the ancient Hebrew didn't read from left to right like English does, but from right to left. Also, the Hebrew word Ra can be translated as "evil," "gloomy," "bad," "ugly," "ungenerious," or "calamity" among other things of a similar meaning. At Isaiah 45:7 KJV it says God created evil (Hebrew ra). Actually a more accurate translation would read "calamity" rather than "evil." Consider the modern day example I often give. A child is told by his/her parent not to play in the busy street. Its bad (ra) and something ugly (ra) could happen. The child does it anyway and calamity (ra) ensues. The child is punished and he/she thinks this is bad. The calamity through justice, or "evil" that God created was the events that followed the sin of Adam. Another example would be the flood of Noah's day.

Comment

1) El (sometimes El Elyon--God Most High or El Shaddai--God the Destroyer or God of Storms) is a Canaanite deity of "the mountain" (what is probably Mount Hermon)--he's sort of the Zeus of the Canaanites (off topic, bu...not coincidentally, there's a reason the Greek and Latin words for god resemble the name of Zeus so closely) who gets sidelined by Ba'al Hadad (his son, the god of storms/the sky). Hebrew myth, as described in the Torah/Bible OT conflates the mythology of the two quite strongly.
                      There is some (very limited and very shaky) linguistic evidence that the title of El may have orginiated (or is simply interestinly coincidental--analagous as opposed to homologous, to borrow from biology) from a title of the Egyptian deity Ptah.

2) The word apple used to just mean "fruit". As in, any kind of fruit (but not berries, and including nuts). Walnut tree of paradise...lol. In Latin, the word apple and the word evil are remarkably close--malum vs mālum, and the selection of an apple is possibly a play on words...or just a coincidence. As with most things in the OT, one should probably look at Jewish commentary (from the Talmud) on the matter, in which case, the "apple" is not what we think of as an apple, but has been posited as wheat (because the Hebrew doesn't actually specify that it *is* a tree, but that it is tall *like* a tree, grapes/grapevine (though I think this one might be some humor slipped in to the Talmud), or a fig tree. In the Zoroastrian tradition (and lots of ideas in the Bible originate from here), the Tree (named Gaokerena) is said to be a Haoma/Soma plant (Haoma to the Persians, Soma to the Hindu, and Sauma in proto-Indo-Iranian) that contains the seeds of all plants, and is threatened by a frog or lizard created by the god of Evil to destroy the tree (so the god of Good, Ahura Mazda, created two fish to live at the base of the tree (presumably in a pool he also created?) to eat the frog...so as long as the frog doesn't move (to destory the tree) the fish don't eat him)---interstingly, Sauma was made into a drink of the same name, and has been hypothesized to be everything from pot to fly-agaric mushroom (also, drinking this, according to the Rig Veda lets you see Indra). Shroomie tree of paradise...

So basically...Ra is not El (or if Ra is El, its not because of the word Isreal). But anagrams are cool.
                      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

Is Ra El? Israel!

Hmm... This is something.

Comment

It's funny, though. Cuz "El" is God in Hebrew.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, Thal already said that. Sorry.

Comment

Good post, thalassa. Lots of info. I think one of the confusing aspects about various words for god is that they often become names or are confused as such. Like Allah being Arabic for "the God" becomes a name for the god. Hebrew variations of El, some of which you mentioned are similarly applied to various mythological characters, and also various languages use similar terminology in application to others. So, basically the Hebrew El comes from a root word meaning "mighty; strong" and was applied to men, angels, idols, gods, goddesses and the Hebrew god above them all Jehovah. The Bible calls Moses a god (), as well as the Judges (), angels (), among others. The English word God is often thought to be a name rather than a title, for example people think you are using god's name in vain if you say "Goddammit."

Comment

El is the supreme being, the creator of the world, in Canaanite religion. He was still worshiped by the Israelites until a couple of centuries after Solomon. Later the Jews claimed that their patron God, Yahweh, was the same, but that's not what was originally believed.

The Egyptians didn't believe in a transcendent creator: the first God emerged within the world. Re is just the Sun God, although that's obviously pretty important. (Ra is a Polynesian.)

Comment

Working...
                              X