Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Syrians angry after dozens of children killed

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/02/world/...l?c=middleeast

"(These) heinous crimes against innocent children reflects the cowardice of the terrorists who have sought to kill science," al-Hilal said, according to the state-run Syrian Arab News Agency.

An earlier SANA story said that an explosives-packed car was detonated minutes before a suicide bomber blew himself up in front of a school. The blasts were timed to coincide with students leaving school, to inflict maximum casualties, that report said.

Horrifying video shows pieces of bodies lying on the street afterward, amid the injured and the scared.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a London-based monitoring group, said Thursday that at least 53 were killed in the blasts in Homs' Ekrima neighborhood, adding, "the number of the dead is likely to rise (due) to the serious injuries."

Those killed include 46 children, most of them less than 12 years old; the United Nations reported that at least 30 of the dead were schoolchildren between the ages of 6 and 9.

The neighborhood that was attacked is predominantly Alawite, a religious minority that is a Shiite offshoot to which al-Assad belongs. There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the attack, which U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon called "an act of the utmost depravity."
    No words. Does the death of children appease your god.... The middle east needs to get their stuff together it shouldnt take other countries to be like oh this is bad you should stop. We can send help unless they take a stand and handle their own this is just going to keep happening.

Re: Syrians angry after dozens of children killed

What a terrible sad story. What an awful loss of life.

This is the big problem with bombs - they kill. And the west is bombing Syria at the moment too (but only the 'bad guys' *ahem*).
    Children are being killed in Gaza too, and schools are being targeted... and the west does nothing.
    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by loststarshine View Post
      http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/02/world/...l?c=middleeast

No words. Does the death of children appease your god.... The middle east needs to get their stuff together it shouldnt take other countries to be like oh this is bad you should stop. We can send help unless they take a stand and handle their own this is just going to keep happening.
      Whose god?
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Honestly the way things are going these days the dead are the lucky ones...Unless anyone has a rapture handy....
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
          Honestly the way things are going these days the dead are the lucky ones...Unless anyone has a rapture handy....
          I have one handy, but it's not the kind you'd like. Satan is coming back! With a vengeance! On a scooter! Sipping a venti.

Comment

Well hell Duce,beggars can't be choosers....what kind of scooter??
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
              Whose god?
              The attackers if they are extreme religious group which ever god they pray to. No one has stepped forward to take credit. Yes we are bombing them but this was an attack with the children as targets.

Why does the west have to do something is my point. Why are these extreme terroist views gaining support? Why does it take the west to say this is in humane and we wont stand for it. Why isnt the middle east rising together to say no more?

I dont live there. So I am trying to understand? If they dont take their own stand against terroist they will keep doing it no matter how many times the west comes in.

Comment

The US doesn't really have a stake in this anymore. We've rooted out those behind 9/11 as best as we are going to, and atrocities and dictatorships are happening all over the place.

Africa and North Korea have just as many problems, more so Africa by a long way, but we don't care about them because North Korea can always just cry to mommy China and the unrest in Africa don't threaten American corporate interests the way that those in the middle east do. No matter how many millions of people get killed and/or raped.
                Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post

Africa and North Korea have just as many problems, more so Africa by a long way, but we don't care about them because North Korea can always just cry to mommy China and the unrest in Africa don't threaten American corporate interests the way that those in the middle east do. No matter how many millions of people get killed and/or raped.

US Africa Command

More on the US presence in Africa

More on US troops in Africa

The Conspiracy version of US troops in Africa

Ebola aid
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm not saying that we're not there militarily, though our presence there is nowhere close to how it is in the middle east. I'm talking mostly about the media (And thus corporations that finance them) as well as the common people.

Pretty much the only thing that got talked about was the stuff in Libya with Gadaffi a couple years ago. Which, as I said, is because we don't care.

My point was, the reasons that we are so focused on the middle east is because A: people are scared of terrorists and B: corporate interest. Not because of the atrocities.
                    Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by loststarshine View Post
                      The attackers if they are extreme religious group which ever god they pray to. No one has stepped forward to take credit. Yes we are bombing them but this was an attack with the children as targets.

Why does the west have to do something is my point. Why are these extreme terroist views gaining support? Why does it take the west to say this is in humane and we wont stand for it. Why isnt the middle east rising together to say no more?

I dont live there. So I am trying to understand? If they dont take their own stand against terroist they will keep doing it no matter how many times the west comes in.
                      Well. 1, how do you know they aren't taking a stand and trying to do something against it?
                      because 2, The West doesn't cover the real news of the middle east on a daily basis. If it doesn't involve one of our news guys, camera man, tourist getting hurt we honestly don't care.

Just going to throw this out there to remind people. The number one victims of terrorism are Muslims. Think on that.

Comment

t I know most victims are Muslim. If they are fighting why was Saddam in power 24 years. It was his citizens he was hurting. Without invoking Godwin law I dont understand how people can rise into power torture people and people seem to allow it to go on. I dont. claim to knowlegable in what goes on there I know what the media portrays. The people I have met who fled the countries say its the acts of extreme groups thats lasted what 20 years. Isreal and Palenstine have been fighting since the 1800s

So maybe the are fighting it just every day more death is occuring in the middle east.

Comment

Hell Americans were fighting and Bush was still in power.
                          Blacks were still fighting and segregation was still going on.
                          Women were fighting and no voting for them was still going on.

See how easy it is to fight and still have to go through shit to get things done?

Have you not heard of the Arab Spring? Did you not watch your tv at home and see all those Middle East people rising up..and getting killed? It takes time and lots of deaths. While the rest of the world just watches and places bets. Wondering how we can make a deal with the winners of said wars. We have no right to point finger when ours are just as bloody.

I have to add this because it seems relevant to my point of view. Though I don't like spilling my dirt. I was in love with an Egyptian man who was going through the Egyptian protests. I heard first hand from him the horrible things he had to deal with there. This was one man fighting to make a difference. To stand up to oppression. It wasn't some story from 1964 and it wasn't about some peace rally. It was war. He was one of millions of people rising up. You can probably read his blog here. He posted some about his experiences and how it made him feel. He's one of the moderators here Dumuzi. We all got first count reporting of just one man's journey through this.

So no. They aren't just sitting on their hands over there. We just don't get to hear the voices of the dead. That's all.

Comment

Blacks arent segrated and women got the right to vote and gays are making serious headway in getting gay marriage approved and legalized.

I point no fingers just wonder whats going on. I watch next to no television. I know our hands are dirty we assited some of these peoples rises to power. I thought people were to scared to act.

My mom grew up in Africa I knew who Gaddafi was before I knew our presidents name.

I guess anymore I want to know what they accomplish by killing children. What power do they gain?

You cant understand the logic of the insane. I guess some civil wars last decades. When will it end? Say we remove all terriosts all dictators can the people maintain the status quo? Or is another just going to resurfaces and take control? These arent answers I expect anyone to have. I just want it to stop. Not because I dont want american soilders to quit dying. I have this irrational dream people pull their heads out their butts and stop killing people with no rhyme or reason.

Comment

The examples I gave were to show that a lot of crap had to be gone through before progress could be made. Blacks are seen as people now. Slavery only ended 149 years ago. Women have had the right to vote for only some 95 odd years. It takes time. That's all I'm saying. Yes, it looks like nothing is going on if you are looking from the outside. But inside it's all turmoil. And a lot of it is wasted deaths.

What gets accomplished by killing children? You really want to know? Because I'm really going to tell you. You kill your enemy before they grow up to be your enemy. It's ugly. It's horrific. It's humanity. And it sucks.

Comment

Working...
                              X