Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Food Poll 5: What is your "go to" condiment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Food Poll 5: What is your "go to" condiment?

Originally posted by LunarHarvest View Post
    Oh yeah? Well I can have some very mild hot sauce, and only come close to crying! :wink razz:
    Haha it's one thing that I brought over with me as a North American. I take spice really well, so tabasco sauce is pretty much like a slightly spicy version of ground pepper. That being said, I've had some extra spicy sauces that made me cry. Germans don't usually like spicy foods, but there's a weird cult following around hot sauce here in Berlin, where certain take-out places have a large selection of hot sauce for no apparent reason and there are whole shops dedicated to the stuff.

Comment

Hot sauce! I mean Kick yo' butt HOT. Love it! And that smoky chipotle flavor.
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Sweet chilli sauce for me. I put that next to as many things as I can and use it as an ingredient for other sauces - bolognaise, stir fry sauces and satay.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post

Lol, tomato sauce is for pizza and s'getti
          Nope. Thats pasta sauce, cos its not always tomato (think alfredo). You 'muricans are nuts.
          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
          Seen the desert and the birds
          You cut your hair short
          Like a shush to an insult
          The world had been yelling
          Since the day you were born
          Revolting with anger
          While it smiled like it was cute
          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Canadians call it ketchup too, as do a lot of other European countries. I think British English loses here

Also, I'm not sure how it is in the US, but in Canada people -call- tomato sauce for pasta "tomato sauce", but it's never sold like that. It's always sold as marinara sauce or something like that. It's just that all products are pretty specific.

Comment

Had to choose hot sauce because there are at least 6 varieties in the fridge at any time; however, for a desert island I'd have to go with the more nutritional hummus even though it is not at the top of my condiment list.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with BBQ sauce.

Just like everything else does lol
                Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                sigpic

Comment

With me it would be some form of spicy hot sauce, garlic, aioli and lemon

Comment

Siracha, ranch, mayo, honey mustard, horseradish...
                    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Hummus and garlic sauce. I would be fine forever with that.
                      Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Total hummus addict here :P
                        My Divination Shop

Comment

I like mayo. I only like mustard in deviled eggs and ketchup on my hot dogs, so i'm pretty much a mayo person.
                          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I'd take hummus. What would life be like without hummus?
                            "All right, new rule: no evil laughter before breakfast." -my mother

Comment

Soy sauce. Very good with many kinds of food. Though I wanted to choose katchup.. :P
                              "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Working...
                              X