Blood Moon & Total Lunar Eclipse - 8 October 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blood Moon & Total Lunar Eclipse - 8 October 2014

For those who aren't aware, there is a total lunar eclipse occurring tomorrow (8 October) which will include a "Blood Moon" - or the appearance of the moon as bright red.

I was curious if anyone had any plans (magickal or mundane) to observe the event? What are your thoughts on the topic of lunar eclipses and the like?

Re: Blood Moon & Total Lunar Eclipse - 8 October 2014

Yes, it is early morning Wednesday where I live .... and it may be all cloudy.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

I never get to see these where I live... Oh well, the beautiful photographs that other people take are almost as good!

Comment

Hmmmm I'll probably take a look if it's not too cloudy. It could go either way.

Edit: I checked and it won't be visible here because the moon will be behind the horizon :/
        Last edited by DanieMarie; 07 Oct 2014, 08:07.

Comment

About this,a question. Do any of the readers feel some "Connection" to any events,as do you feel there is a spiritual aspect to cosmological events(say an eclipse) or other events?
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Offering to my goddesses are my only plans. But I am super excited.

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
              About this,a question. Do any of the readers feel some "Connection" to any events,as do you feel there is a spiritual aspect to cosmological events(say an eclipse) or other events?
              I don't know that I have any identification with such events on a spiritual level, but I do believe that they can be powerful, energetically.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                Hmmmm I'll probably take a look if it's not too cloudy. It could go either way.

Edit: I checked and it won't be visible here because the moon will be behind the horizon :/
                Usually it's the other way around. Australia often seems to get the short end of the stick when it comes to astronomical (particularly lunar) events. Though we've been very lucky this year, in that we will have had had two lunar eclipses and a solar eclipse visible here this year.

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                I don't work with astrology pretty much at all. So no, I personally don't have any connection to astronomical events. Having said that, I do feel that for people who work with the phases of the moon and other astronomical events, these things can have profound energetic effects. I don't disbelieve in astrology and the energetic effect that astronomical events can have... I just don't tap into them myself.

I would actually be interested to see some furthering of the studies regarding the effects of moon phases on the human brain and body. Or some proper studies, to begin with. It does make me wonder if eclipses and the like have any bearing on the 'normal' effects of the lunar phases.

Comment

Beautifully clear here. Sat outside for about half an hour when it was full. Ate some yoghurt. Felt connected to the world, just knowing that at that time, millions of people were staring up at the same thing as me.
                  ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                  Seen the desert and the birds
                  You cut your hair short
                  Like a shush to an insult
                  The world had been yelling
                  Since the day you were born
                  Revolting with anger
                  While it smiled like it was cute
                  That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                    Beautifully clear here. Sat outside for about half an hour when it was full. Ate some yoghurt. Felt connected to the world, just knowing that at that time, millions of people were staring up at the same thing as me.
                    Nice. I was a bit the same. Had a little outdoor altar set up for charging some of my things, candles lit, eating some terribly unhealthy hashbrown casserole...

But in all seriousness, it was great. I'll upload some pics tomorrow.

Comment

Ours was at 5:30 this morning...we ate our moon cookies and then sang the song to make the sky cookie monser spit the moon cookie back out.

Because Chickadee said we should.
                      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

It happened for me at about 3:00am (roughly). I've always felt connected to the Moon in one aspect or another. It was gorgeous and I just sat in the grass, taking it in and meditating. Most peaceful moment I've experienced in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Torey View Post

Nice. I was a bit the same. Had a little outdoor altar set up for charging some of my things, candles lit, eating some terribly unhealthy hashbrown casserole...

But in all seriousness, it was great. I'll upload some pics tomorrow.
                          Hashbrown casserole?!?!?!

I kinda wish I did something a bit more spiritual, but it just isn't in me at the moment...

I love what Thal did though Chickadee is the coolest kid. I hope I can meet her some day!
                          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                          Seen the desert and the birds
                          You cut your hair short
                          Like a shush to an insult
                          The world had been yelling
                          Since the day you were born
                          Revolting with anger
                          While it smiled like it was cute
                          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I was up around 5 a.m. and could just see it through the trees! (Otherwise I'd have had to go around the corner by the creek and that's not happening in the dark.) I feel very connected to celestial events. The energy changed as the moon grew dark and the stars grew brighter, then back again.
                            sigpic
                            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

For me it completely eclipsed around 6:30 a.m. Unfortunately looking more like a burnt brownish color more than a red. Between getting the family up to start getting ready for school tried to slip out and say a prayer and speak to Hekate. Figure it had all the earmarks for her being that it was a liminal time, was a liminal stage and had great connection to her Chaldean persona as world soul and keep her daemons on or in the moon. Sadly about 6:35 clouds fully rolled in and blocked it all out and the sun sort of broke in over the eastern horizon behind us to blot it all out.
                              I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Working...
                              X