Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

school officials being trained to recognize abuse from witchcraft

http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/nurser...eased-increase

Might be old news for some. I had no clue children were being murdered for witchcraft involvement.

People thinking there children are evil and killing them.

Re: school officials being trained to recognize abuse from witchcraft

I'll see that chunk of stupid and raise the bet with this:

Geneva Robinson, Oklahoma City Grandmother, Accused Of Dressing As A Witch And Abusing 7-Year-Old Girl
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

It's unbelievably sad. As a mother of two, it is deeply saddening to know these sweet babes don't have a chance through no fault of their own.

Unfortunately, it's not just Witchcraft that results in child abuse cases. I've read so many articles from people of different faiths about some individuals are so warped in their thinking (due to their own raising or mental illness) and have such clouded judgement that they feel the abuse isn't abuse, but a necessary action. It scares me that this is such an often occurrence, that isn't talked about regularly unless the case has occult involvement.

Comment

I dont see how witchcraft killed these people. Personaly it reads as christian zealots thinking. Article states witchcraft.

Note to self dont remind my mom Im a witch this is going to prove its evil im sure she heard the news.
        Last edited by loststarshine; 08 Oct 2014, 13:14.

Comment

I love how they call Christians proffesionals at finding witchcraft , and how its also from the christian prospective. And I think witchcraft has nothing to do with it its child abuse plain and simple . And when does a church have any say in criminal investigation . Its all so stupid . I understand that in Africa witchcraft can involve ritual killing but that is the only place I've herd of were anything like this is common . I honestly think its just making a bad situation worse by claiming witchcraft in cases of child abuse .
          Knowledge is the key to eternity. Not bowing before a deity not grovling at the feet of a messiah. Knowledge is power beyond mesure - satanic witch

Comment

I thought that the rules regarding the practise of witchcraft depended on what framework was being used to practise within.. be it Wicca or your own Home-Grown Flavour of Whatever.

Some of the people in the comments are acting like their faith has been attacked. The Detective Superintendent even diplomatically defends faiths (including Wicca) by saying:
            Abuse linked to belief is a horrific crime which is condemned by people of all cultures, communities and faiths.
            I don't think anyone's faith is being attacked.

I think it's a good thing that an organisation exists where people can approach child protection issues using a framework based around issues of faith. It's one avenue to support an holistic approach to a complicated issue. This looks like they've quoted someone but they didn't reference anyone that I can see:

‘Families or carers genuinely believe that the victim has been completely taken over by the devil or an evil spirit, which is often supported by someone who within the community has portrayed themselves as an authority on faith and belief. Often in the perpetrators' minds, any abuse is not going to affect the victim because he or she believes the child is effectively not there any more and the abuse is directed at whatever has possessed the child. The victim is often convinced that this is the truth and that the abuse is "normal" behaviour.
            It sounds to me like a religious organisation has been set up so that people within a community of faith will be able to spot signs of abuse that might be happening because of someone's unearthed views on spirituality, be it within a Christian context or whatever. I congratulate the people who had initiative to do that. It is a good thing.

Comment

[QUOTE]

The training film, commissioned by the Metropolitan Police Service’s (MPS) Project Violet team in conjunction with the Churches’ Child Protection Advisory Service, features information for teachers, social workers and healthcare staff on how to spot if a child may be suffering, or is likely to suffer, significant harm from abuse linked to witchcraft and spirit possession.

It is designed to build upon the Government's National Action Plan to tackle child abuse linked to faith or belief in England, which was launched in 2012 in the wake of cases such as Kristy Bamu and Victoria Climbe.[\QUOTE]
              Kristy Bamu
              http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/ungland-london-1725470

Victoria Climbe

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/2062590.stm
              http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/...ry/default.stm

The article points t hose to out two stories out of 81 reports
              According to the DfE, in the last 10 years there have been 81 recorded police investigations in London of allegations that children have been abused, where faith has been a factor.

Children’s minister Tim Loughton said, ‘Child abuse is appalling and unacceptable wherever it occurs and in whatever form it takes. Abuse linked to faith or belief in spirits, witchcraft or possession is a horrific crime, condemned by people of all cultures, communities and faiths – but there has been a "wall of silence" around its scale and extent. It is not our job to challenge people’s beliefs, but it is our job to protect children. There can never be a blind eye turned to violence or emotional abuse or even the smallest risk that that religious beliefs will lead to young people being harmed.
              http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/nurser...ith-witchcraft

I am not opposed to the plan. Some of the wording hints at it the article implies it. I dont like saying abuse due to witch craft I feel similar to muslims stating the terroist is not muslims. wbc are not christians. and these people arent witches....popes, preists who are child molsetors are not men of god. they are sick disgusting people in power.

Comment

Absolutely totally agree with everything you said above

[QUOTE=loststarshine;159915]
                and these people arent witches....
                So what makes people who believe they are practising witchcraft not witches? It's an honest question not rhetorical or anything. I honestly don't know.

Comment

Witches don't kill people.
                  People who kill witches are killing people.
                  They are just too effed in the head to understand this concept.
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Examples of cases referred to the police include... a child swung around and smacked on the head ‘to drive out the devil’ and parents removing children from school and taking them out of the country to attend an exorcism.
                    I'm no expert on witchcraft, but arn't things like belief in the devil and exorcisms typically linked with Christianity? If so why didn't they say, 'Christian Ritual Abuse'? Because that would have been more accurate, and a more proper explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by LunarHarvest View Post
                      I'm no expert on witchcraft, but arn't things like belief in the devil and exorcisms typically linked with Christianity? If so why didn't they say, 'Christian Ritual Abuse'? Because that would have been more accurate, and a more proper explanation.
                      Here is an excellent article written by Kenneth V. Lanning, Supervisory Special Agent Behavioral Science Unit National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime (or the FBI Behavior Science Unit, for those of you who enjoy Criminal Minds on the TV).

1992 FBI Report – Satanic Ritual Abuse

Among the many interesting ideas expressed in this report are:

The idea of "Satanic killing" is largely BS. If a person, claiming to be a "Satanist," kills somebody, the public and press is quick to jump on it and call it a "Satanic killing." However, when somebody claiming to be Christian kills somebody, it is never referred to as a "Christian killing." If they did, the number of Christian killings would far, far outnumber the Satanic killings.

If the police, investigating a murder, find "Satanic symbols," the crime is quickly linked to Satanic killing. However, if a crucifix is found, the crime is never linked to Christian killing. If it was, the number of Christian killings would far, far outnumber the Satanic killings.

When somebody claims to hear the voice of da debil telling them to kill, it's a Satanic killing. But when somebody claims to hear the voice of jumpin' Jehovah telling them to kill, it's never a Christian murder - they are said to be mentally disturbed. If it was, the number of Christian killings would far, far outnumber the Satanic killings.

Let's have three big cheers for prejudice, fear mongering, and flat out crap!

yipee yipee yipee
                      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                      X