Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lazy Cooking

McDonald's.

'Chili' in this house is fairly simple. Brown some ground beef, throw in a can of tomato puree, a can of beans, some seasoning & voila, chili.
    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by Ophidia View Post
      'Chili' in this house is fairly simple. Brown some ground beef, throw in a can of tomato puree, a can of beans, some seasoning & voila, chili.
      That's about as much work as I put into it. Chili seasoning, dried onions, can of black beans, roma tomatoes, chopped up meat. Usually spareribs and pork belly, maybe a loin. Splash of whiskey and/or beer.

I just throw it all in the slow cooker.
      Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

I'll be honest. My on-line Dominos. One click. It's here in 30 minutes.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Ophidia View Post
          McDonald's.

Mines easier - tinned tomatoes, beans, seasoning. No arsing around with beef haha!

Then rice in the microwave, which I learnt how to do on the weekend hehehe
          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
          Seen the desert and the birds
          You cut your hair short
          Like a shush to an insult
          The world had been yelling
          Since the day you were born
          Revolting with anger
          While it smiled like it was cute
          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I live for my crockpot.

Gonna make acorn squash soup today.
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
              Gonna make acorn squash soup today.
              While it's not a lazy cooking thing, I have made, and will be making soon, a pumpkin and butternut squash bisque,

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
                While it's not a lazy cooking thing, I have made, and will be making soon, a pumpkin and butternut squash bisque,
                Ooh, nice. If you scoop out the center of an acorn squash and stick in honey and butter, and toss it in the oven, it ends up being really great.

But normally if I'm really lazy, some chicken stock, orzo, lemon, and egg make a great soup.

Comment

Originally posted by HarpingHawke View Post
                  Ooh, nice. If you scoop out the center of an acorn squash and stick in honey and butter, and toss it in the oven, it ends up being really great.

But normally if I'm really lazy, some chicken stock, orzo, lemon, and egg make a great soup.
                  I do acorn squash that way, only use a little maple syrup rather than honey. Tastes like fall. As for orzo, anyone who has an herb garden snip up plenty of herbs, use 4 or 5 different ones. Cook the orzo and then toss with the herbs, some olive oil, and a bit of kosher salt. Insanely delicious for something so simple.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by nbdy View Post
                    I do acorn squash that way, only use a little maple syrup rather than honey. Tastes like fall. .
                    I don't add anything like that (I have a friend that adds brown sugar), I think acorn (most winter squashes really, and sweet potatoes) are sickeningly sweet, and I do everything I can to tone down the sweet and add some spice. I like 'em, but only if I can combat the sweet with savory, spicy, or salty.

I just pop the halved and deseeded squash on a cookie sheet, bake it for an hour at 375 while I sautee some onions and garlic, then scrape the squash out and stick it (with the sauteed onions and garlic) in the blender with some skim milk and veggie bullion and run it til its smooth. We then add my super spicy salsa too it and serve it in a sourdough bowl with some cheese on top, and broiled till the cheese gets melty (sort of like french onion soup).
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

I made a squash and brussel sprout casserole the other day. It sounds complicated, but it was actually pretty easy and it's lasted me for days.

Comment

My last two dinners....

Frozen pizza

Pub meal

And the leftovers from the pub are tonights dinner.

Do I win now?
                        ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                        Seen the desert and the birds
                        You cut your hair short
                        Like a shush to an insult
                        The world had been yelling
                        Since the day you were born
                        Revolting with anger
                        While it smiled like it was cute
                        That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Laziest of dinners"

Call mom and dad. Ask if they are going to be home, Stop by and join them for dinner.

Damn, my mom's a good cook.

Comment

Working...
                          X