What mobile phone to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What mobile phone to buy?

I'm thinking Sony Xperia Z3 Compact. I don't want an oversized phone. iPhones with a blue tick from Telstra (phones that work in regional Australia) are too expensive.
    I want a phone I can surf the web on, play Carcassonne, take good quality pictures and videos and make some okay quality voice memos. It would need to have Bluetooth as well.
    Does anyone have an Xperia z3 compact? What do you think of it? Can you get something like a lifeproof case for it?
    Does anyone have a phone they want to suggest to me?

Originally posted by Azvanna View Post
    I'm thinking Sony Xperia Z3 Compact. I don't want an oversized phone. iPhones with a blue tick from Telstra (phones that work in regional Australia) are too expensive.
    I want a phone I can surf the web on, play Carcassonne, take good quality pictures and videos and make some okay quality voice memos. It would need to have Bluetooth as well.
    Does anyone have an Xperia z3 compact? What do you think of it? Can you get something like a lifeproof case for it?
    Does anyone have a phone they want to suggest to me?
    Just get a samsung s5 with an otterbox. Best option. I swear by mine.
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Re: What mobile phone to buy?

Originally posted by Heka View Post
      Just get a samsung s5 with an otterbox. Best option. I swear by mine.
      It's too big and expensive. Maybe if I didn't have to go through Telstra. But their cheapest option for that phone is $10/month more than I'm paying now. A friend of mine has one and she would back you up, but it's off the table for me. I could afford an S4 mini, though.

If I lived just 20m closer to town, I wouldn't have to change providers. Kinda annoying because I have to break contract, but I think the $200cr you get at the moment pretty much covers that.

Comment

It's too big and expensive. Maybe if I didn't have to go through Telstra. But their cheapest option for that phone is $10/month more than I'm paying now. A friend of mine has one and she would back you up, but it's off the table for me. I could afford an S4 mini, though.

If I lived just 20m closer to town, I wouldn't have to change providers. Kinda annoying because I have to break contract, but I think the $200cr you get at the moment pretty much covers that.
        S4 mini is just as good.

In fact, you wouldn't have the pesky no-menu-button poop that I'm dealing with. And it'll fit in your pocket.

RIP

You cut your hair short
        Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Re: What mobile phone to buy?

How is the camera on it? Reviews said it was slow and you probably wouldn't catch things in action (such as children).

Comment

How is the camera on it? Reviews said it was slow and you probably wouldn't catch things in action (such as children).
            Dunno about mums camera. I'm happy with my S5. Sometimes it takes a sec to load up, but compared to any photographic device I've had, it is far superior. But then I don't have kids to catch! Quality wise is amazing though.

Why not go into a telstra shop and test it?

RIP

You cut your hair short
            Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment