Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ophidia View Post

Bob says it's a gang of OCs (Original Coyotes). XD
    As opposed to the new, or imposter coyotes?
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Re: What is holy to you?

I'm a pantheist so technically everything is holy.

But I'm also human so there are certain things I personally resonate with and recognize as sacred to me.

The Sun, I am totally in awe of.

Certain places that I happen upon and feel a deep connection to.

Authenticity anywhere I find it. Honest unaffected feeling and emotion of any sort.

The Grand Canyon as it is the playground of the Sun.

My altar and everything we place on it.

the Holy Days.

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
        As opposed to the new, or imposter coyotes?
        You can tell by the faux fur.

I want a coyote skull named Bob (somehow I think a coyote skull named Bob appreciates bad puns).
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

I have a mounted ram's head named Bertram.

I've never named the various skulls. Perhaps that would be a fun activity to do with my grandchildren, if I ever have any.
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I suppose that, since everything expresses itself through a spiritual nature, everything could be considered holy, or an element to the divine. That being said, I do believe that the particular deities which we properly revere come from our awe and appreciation of the universe around us. Anything which draws us to feel a sense of awe is us showing reverence towards the spiritual, as well as the physical, nature of those things. That is how I would put it at the least.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post

You can tell by the faux fur.

I want a coyote skull named Bob (somehow I think a coyote skull named Bob appreciates bad puns).
              Tehehehe

I want a skull now. Theres a dead calf on the side of the road about 40km away. I wonder how long it'll take to dry out and clear up properly...
              ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
              Seen the desert and the birds
              You cut your hair short
              Like a shush to an insult
              The world had been yelling
              Since the day you were born
              Revolting with anger
              While it smiled like it was cute
              That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Odahviing View Post
                Hi all!

I was just thinking, what feels holy (or particularly special, if you don't feel the term "holy" is appropriate) to you?
                And by holy I mean the things that evoke that feeling of awe in you.

For myself, as an example, I often get a dash of that feeling when the moon is out or the night is particularly starry. Now, I'm not a moon worshipper - I've never made an active decision to be that - but being under and gazing up at a clear night sky gives me a sense of holiness. Often that is when I feel "close to god" (for lack of a better term).

Also I'll get that sometimes when there is a moment of complete symbiosis between myself and an animal. Usually of course these are my cats (as I seldom get that close to animals that aren't someone's pet) but occasionally I'll get it from the deer that frequent our property. Like a moment of understanding, when you acknowledge each other and are totally okay with the other being nearby. That gives me a feeling of holiness.

Perhaps there are others here that would like to share examples of what inspires religious awe? Since there are so many of us here on such different paths it would be interesting to see how our ideas of what is "holy" differ from each other. I'm sure there are many of us here who can agree on some things but never even have thought of other things as holy before.
                By Holy im also going to include synonyms such as : sacred, pure, the epitomie of personal, etc... For me, id have to say that would including my Sexuality which is the most intimate part of my being , anothers sexuality, my personal relationship with my Creator, and to live in a righteous manner by not suppressing my God given Moral Conscience for an urge I might have at the time to do which is questionably immoral or unethical.

The concept of Holiness, sacredness, etc....today in our American Culture is seen as something worthy of ridicule , silliness, and outdated.....but under closer examination of Ourselves we all demand Others treat us with these concepts otherwise we feel violated . Its interesting how we as Humans want the freedom to live as we like, yet demand Others treat us far more righteously and with high morals otherwise we feel indignant (at a minimum) and outraged / retaliatory (at a maximum) . Such is one of the hypocrisys of Post Modernisms moral relativism .

Comment

To me, things that are sacred are things that belong to the gods/divine/whatever you want to call it. Things on my shrines are scared because I've "given" them to the entity they're devoted to. Wine for offerings isn't sacred in the bottle, but is once it's into an offering glass. The little raven I bought at the dollar store might look like a cheap Halloween prop, but now that it's on my shrine to Apollo, it's something sacred. I hope I'm making sense.
                  Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I consider anything offered to or touched by Yahweh, holy.

My altar, my altar decor, the area my altar is kept in, any objects Anything I've blessed through God, I consider holy.
                    Last edited by Noir; 30 Jan 2015, 12:21.
                    "By yarrow and rue, and my redcap too."

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
                      To me, things that are sacred are things that belong to the gods/divine/whatever you want to call it. Things on my shrines are scared because I've "given" them to the entity they're devoted to. Wine for offerings isn't sacred in the bottle, but is once it's into an offering glass. The little raven I bought at the dollar store might look like a cheap Halloween prop, but now that it's on my shrine to Apollo, it's something sacred. I hope I'm making sense.
                      I also feel this way about the word holy, still being surrounded by nature also feels sacred to me, communicating with animals, trees and so on, feeling the sunshine, the waves of the sea, bird sounds, gazing at the moon and the stars. I also feel that when doing ritual, sabbats and spells it feels holy to me. But being with my family is also sacred to me

Comment

Nothing.

Everything.

(in short, its sort of like this scene)

Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                          Nothing.

Everything.

(in short, its sort of like this scene)

I loved that movie.
                          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Love.

www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Odahviing View Post
                              I was just thinking, what feels holy (or particularly special, if you don't feel the term "holy" is appropriate) to you?
                              And by holy I mean the things that evoke that feeling of awe in you.
                              When something causes me to be touched by the Divine in some way and I take notice, then that inspires awe in me.

I walk through life partially asleep, or distracted from the present moment. Divinity is all around me; I believe it inhabits all beings and material objects, and yet, I often forget and don't notice. Natural wonders and things that have a personal connection for me have the ability to 'wake me up', as it were. To do this, I have to be shocked into noticing the current moment; something that makes me aware of the present.

I'm like, "OH! That's beautiful..." And I'll stop for a moment and feel the divine surrounding me in that moment. Maintaining a state of awareness in the now is when I can most strongly feel the Divine... when nothing else distracts me and all there is the Divine...

Things that wake me up the most: Natural wonders (the moon and stars, waterfalls, ocean/beach, large mother trees, meadows, forests), my working altar and my devotional altar, Button and Captain Jack (the two dogs at my house), certain books that I feel a strong connection too and have a history with, a necklace my mom gave me, a scarf my grandmother knitted for me, a ceramic disc with a tall ship carved into it that I got from my father, a ring from my grandmother who has passed on, my college ring, some art work, etc.

Comment

Places other people find to be holy, I've visited mosques and churches in the past and I always get a feeling of inner calm which I consider to be divine. Also nature like I always find woodland to be quite spiritual. As well as moorland but I'm at the seaside atm in Scarborough and the winter sea is absolutely ferocious and that to me is giving off power or divinity

Comment

Working...
                                X