Clear All

Re: Favourite Quotes

The one in my personal text.
    "Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted."
    and the one in my sig.

Comment

I am what I am and that's all what I am - Popeye the Sailorman
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

"Grow or die - I think we should grow." - Carl Sagan

Mostly art.

Comment

"All those who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand"

and

"Fear is only temporary; Regret is for life"
          "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
          - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

Cecil B. DeMille: It is impossible for us to break the law. We can only break ourselves against the law.

Loretta Lynn: You have to be first, best, or different.

Eleanor Roosevelt: It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." - Eleanor Roosevelt
              sigpic

Comment

My sig line means a lot to me, even if it came from a fantasy, romance, actionish book.
                We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

my favorite: Life is not the amount of breaths you take, it is the moments that take your breath away

Comment

"I am no longer like the others, for no unicorn was ever born who could regret, but now I do. I regret."

~The Last Unicorn (1982)

Mostly art.

Comment

well...as long as we are serving up Last Unicorn quotes...

"Real Magic can never be made by offering up someone else's liver. You must tear out your own and not expect to get it back. Real Witches know that."
                      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." - Mark Twain

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

sigpic

Comment

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

Eleanor Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Is not life a hundred times too short for us to bore ourselves?
                            - Freddy Nietzsche

Science and art have that in common that everyday things seem to them new and attractive.
                            - Freddy Nietzsche
                            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

"If I would have wanted it tomorrow I would have ordered it tomorrow" ...

A Nonny Mouse ...
                              I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

"If this is as good as it gets, man, I'm good to go." - Jason Aldean

(I may, very well, be obsessed with Jason Aldean, right now)
                                "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Working...
                                X