This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favourite Quotes

"Love doesn't hurt you. A person who doesn't know how to love hurts you. Don't get it twisted." ~ Tony Gaskins

Comment

teehee "People that don't know me, think I'm shy...People that do, wish I were" ~ Unknown

Comment

I have two favorite quotes!

"What a shame to have wings and never fly!" -Unknown

My other favorite is a love quote (I'm a bit of a hopeless romantic )
        Captain Corelli's Mandolin

Comment

“You understand reality while everyone else is running around confused and angry and upset because they think reality is something happening to them rather than something they are making every moment with every thought.”

- Homestuck
          Last edited by alternatingSelves; 16 Nov 2013, 19:06.

Comment

If something is meant to be it will be.
            I am not weird, I am unique!~ME!
            Be yourself because every one else is taken.

This one came from a dear friend describing his faith and It holds true for me too....
            I see God in nature, not nature as God.

I am me and you are you
            just be yourself and
            always be true....

OK that last one I just made up...LOL! :shy:
            sigpic

Comment

I'm one of those dorky people that have THIS many favourite quotes on my silly Facebook.

“If you don't love yourself, how in the hell you gonna love somebody else?” ~RuPaul

“To be bitter is to attribute intent and personality to the formless, infinite, unchanging and unchangeable void. We drift on a chartless, resistless sea. Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest.” ~H.P. Lovecraft

"Being crazy isn't enough." ~ Dr. Seuss

"To love someone is to see him as God intended him." ~Fyodor Dostoyevsky

"I'm no model lady. A model is only an imitation of the real thing." ~ Mae West

"It is love rather than sexual lust or unbridled sexuality if, in addition to the need or want involved, there is also some impulse to give pleasure to the persons thus loved and not merely to use them for our own selfish pleasure." ~Mortimer Adler

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking up at the stars." ~Oscar Wilde

"Excuse me young lady with a 17 comeliness, are you a 10th level magic user? Because the Charm Spell you have cast over me has made me loose my safety roll." ~Gamers

"Did you know that the word "person" comes from the Latin word 'persona', which means mask? So maybe being human means we invite spectators to ponder what lies behind. Each of us will be composed of a variety of masks, and if we can see behind the mask, we would get a burst of clarity." ~War, Inc.

"Favorite Books:
              ... ones with popups or noise..." ~My friend, Sharra

"Red pens are the superior pen. They mean fucking business." ~onestonedjuggalo/Justin

I'm in no condition to drive...wait! I shouldn't listen to myself, I'm drunk!" ~Homer J. Simpson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."~Charlton Heston

"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."~Yoda

"Everybody pities the weak; jealousy you have to earn."
              ~Arnold Schwarzenegger

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." ~Voltaire

"Tears are often the telescope by which men see far into heaven." ~Henry Ward Beecher

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a f*** how crazy they are!" ~From Dusk Til Dawn

"I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep" ~Robert Frost

"Lust's passion will be served; it demands, it militates, it tyrannizes." ~Marquis de Sade

"Speak your mind, even if your voice shakes." ~Maggie Kuhn

"Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust." ~John Webster

"My misery is your pleasure." ~Kanye West

"For I conclude that the enemy is not lipstick, but guilt itself; that we deserve lipstick, if we want, AND free speech; we deserve to be sexual AND serious - or whatever we please; we are entitled to wear cowboy boots to our own revolution." - Naomi Wolf

“I never ask a man what his business is, for it never interests me. What I ask him about are his thoughts and dreams.” ~H.P. Lovecraft

'I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.' ~Mother Teresa

Comment

Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

MaskedOne just made me remember this one-

Understanding is a three edged sword - your side, their side, and the truth.
                  - Ambassador Kosh
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I did?

What? Where? When?

That said, I like the Kosh quote in question and B5 references are awesome in general.
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                      I did?

What? Where? When?

That said, I like the Kosh quote in question and B5 references are awesome in general.
                      LOL - "Mormons in Utah."

I haven't seen B5 in many, many years, but I bought it for myself for Christmas. Season 3 is just outstanding!
                      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

If Season 3 had Severed Dreams in it then it has Delenn issuing one of my favorite threats in the history of sci-fi.

I never saw most of the series but I caught a few good episodes here and there, 2 of the movies attached to it some entertaining cutscenes on youtube.
                        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Not one would mind, neither bird nor tree,
                          if mankind perished utterly;
                          and Spring herself when she woke at dawn
                          Would scarcely know that we were gone.

Sara Teasdale's There Will Come Soft Rains

Comment

Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X