creating a belief self-inventory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: creating a belief self-inventory

Reading this thread has made me realize that my belief system is fairly shallow. I have never even bothered to think about half the questions asked here.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
      Reading this thread has made me realize that my belief system is fairly shallow. I have never even bothered to think about half the questions asked here.
      To be honest, it's same with me here. I'll definitely have to write down the questions and the answers.

Thanks for making the thread, Thal! Definitely made me think about some things.
      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Lessbereal.

No one really does.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post

Lessbereal.

No one really does.
          Bet you Thal has!
          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
          Seen the desert and the birds
          You cut your hair short
          Like a shush to an insult
          The world had been yelling
          Since the day you were born
          Revolting with anger
          While it smiled like it was cute
          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
            Bet you Thal has!
            Well she can be my platypus sister.

Comment

Thal's a hoax now...?

RIP

You cut your hair short
              Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                Thal's a hoax now...?
                Platypus are real!

Comment

Lessbereal.

No one really does.
                  I actually have. Which is why I've developed my own cosmology. I possibly spend more time questioning the hows and whys of what I believe than I spend time actually believing. And I can accept that part of why I feel the need to believe in a Great-and-Powerful-Something is brain chemistry and societal conditioning - but it doesn't explain the experiences I've had, at least not all of them. So I keep asking deeper questions.
                  The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I'll be your playtypus sister!

Originally posted by Ophidia View Post
                    I actually have. Which is why I've developed my own cosmology. I possibly spend more time questioning the hows and whys of what I believe than I spend time actually believing. And I can accept that part of why I feel the need to believe in a Great-and-Powerful-Something is brain chemistry and societal conditioning - but it doesn't explain the experiences I've had, at least not all of them. So I keep asking deeper questions.

I can agree with all of this too...but as a "thinker" (as opposed to a "do-er") type person, I am often more guilty of the highlighted part than I would sometimes like to be.
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

Platypus are real!
                      I know! I've seen one in the wild!

/bejelly

I am also more of a thinker than a doer, and I like having my beliefs questioned and evaluated, but I don't have any experiences to back it up, which frustrates me. I lack in faith a bit lol. I would like to evaluate these questions further, maybe when they are all consise on Thal's blog

RIP

You cut your hair short
                      Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

The updated version...so, I changed how some of the questions were asked (mostly by consolidating them) and/or incorporated them into other question sets...

Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ophidia View Post
                          I have too... which is why I can answer every one of these questions within my own spiritual framework. Perhaps we are the minority, but we should have enough thinkers here that we have a little company.

Thal... I would add the question of ethics, particularly in relation to altruism, self serving actions and the treatment of others (human and non-human).

Comment

Do-er here, not a thinker. I'd rather go outside and ride my bike and feel the wind through my hair and be reminded of the divine that way, than sit there and ponder "Why exactly don't I believe in deity?" ...I get that there is no superpower behind the rocks I covet, or the wind, or the birds in the sky, or the needles on the trees in autumn, and I don't really feel I need to think on it further. I would rather be out there and live, than sit inside and wonder the why's and how's of my feelings.

Mostly art.

Comment

Do-er here, not a thinker. I'd rather go outside and ride my bike and feel the wind through my hair and be reminded of the divine that way, than sit there and ponder "Why exactly don't I believe in deity?" ...I get that there is no superpower behind the rocks I covet, or the wind, or the birds in the sky, or the needles on the trees in autumn, and I don't really feel I need to think on it further. I would rather be out there and live, than sit inside and wonder the why's and how's of my feelings.
                              Hey, I do go outside occasionally and move around so that the spiders don't cover me in cobwebs and I don't grow mold :P For me, it's not constant meditation and rumination, it's more like a continual thought-process.
                              The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I keep wanting to post actual questions I would ask myself. Have asked myself. I won't lie. It's still just the one. If it can't pass the bs test, I don't bother going on. Which is why I gave up on Catholicism and Wicca back in the day. I was like Christian morals? Green Christian morals? Nope. Nope.

Ohh black magic? I smell poop. Nope.

Then I read The Satanic Bible. No lies detected.
                                Got a winner!

I'm a lazy theist.

Comment

Working...
                                X