No announcement yet.

Lets talk about (tarot) decks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tell me about your favorite decks personality.

I love the Cloisters, as all time favorite which really speaks to me.
    Amarres de Amor

Comment

Mine is the Angel Blessings deck. It's a bit fluffy, as the name and site implies, but I've never gotten such clear or strong readings from any other deck.
      Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Actually i found Cloisters around 15 years ago when i was searching for another deck.
        Amarres de Amor

Comment

I have a few decks...

Dragon Tarot: my most used and favorite by far. I found it at a garage sale and it just...clicked. A lot of people have issues with this deck and I really am not sure why. It's always felt receptive and like an old friend to me. But it is honest, brutally so. I've spent actual time learning and become familiar with this deck, so it's the one I am most comfortable with. Like an old friend.

Animal Medicine Cards: my least used, since they tend to give me attitude. Think stubborn mule.

Dragon Age Tarot: based off the game of the same name, but such beautiful art, and surprisingly functional! It feels more veiled than I'm used to; no bluntness, more gentle. It takes a certain mood, but when we click, it works beautifully.

Comment

My most used deck is my 1920s Teuila fortune telling cards. I've owned them since my teens and all I can say, it's as snarky as an olde gran! I've had it become quite irritable during client readings, but it's honesty is honourable.
            "By yarrow and rue, and my redcap too."

Comment

I like the idea of different decks having different personalities, but I'm sorry to say that I've never really noticed that with mine... I've always viewed my cards as being more like a telephone; it's who's on the other side that brings the personality. But maybe I just haven't been paying proper attention... I'll keep the possibility in mind in the future

Comment

Re: What Tarot deck(s) do you have?

I started with the Rider-Waite deck, but I never really "clicked" with it. I now have the Witches Tarot deck, which is R-W based and it has BEAUTIFUL artwork! The next deck I buy will be the Earth Magic oracle deck, but for now I am content with the deck I have. It resonates with me and I find I am learning to read the cards much easier than when I was working with my R-W deck. I only ever read for myself, but once I get a little more comfortable, I would like to start doing readings for other people and see how that goes.

Comment

My deck is a Chrysalis Tarot deck, and it's very... Temperamental. The first reading I ever did with it told my friend to get off her high horse and quit fooling around and get into gear.

But when I read for myself or my husband, it's very nice and too the point.

Other times it's so rude and to the point it's like. "Well fine then, make me have to be mean."

If you know what I meant? XD It's like a sassy deck.

Comment

I use the Russian Tarot of St. Petersburg and the cards have an interesting history.

The artist, Yury Shakov, was a miniature painter, painting with brushes with a single hair to make his masterpieces come to life. Everything was painted to-size in great detail, and he made it through the Major Arcana and the suite of Chalices before his death in 1989. The deck was unfinished and so they commissioned another artist to complete it.

This deck has already seen strife and loss and melancholy. The cards are pretty serious and they don't mince words or meanings lightly, though they tend to be much more esoteric and mystical. Lots of hidden messages and I often get frustrated with how cryptic they can be.

What can I say. They're Russian. :3
                    No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
                      The cards are pretty serious and they don't mince words or meanings lightly, though they tend to be much more esoteric and mystical. Lots of hidden messages and I often get frustrated with how cryptic they can be.

What can I say. They're Russian. :3
                      Something that defines the people... Not all, perhaps, but in general.
                      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I have 4 :
                        1. Revelations (My first deck and the one that really felt "right" for me.)
                        2. Cat (I love cats so I felt it was appropriate lol)
                        3. Goddess Oracle (I've always liked the Oracle cards because they were a bit different than normal.)
                        4. Homestuck (A fun deck that's based off the webcomic.)

Comment

I've currently got eight decks!! Feel free to check out the deck boxes I've made for each (minus the last one since its not a real deck in my opinion) I've got a few more on my list of wants, but they'll definitely have to wait til I'm not scrambling for money for a new car and to fix my teeth >_<

1. Heart of Faerie Oracle--- https://40.media.tumblr.com/b6d32ac7...giheo6_400.jpg
                          2. Celtic Dragon Tarot--- https://40.media.tumblr.com/6ae3112a...giheo4_400.jpg
                          3. Oracle of the Dragonfae--- https://40.media.tumblr.com/0f3679b3...giheo3_250.jpg
                          4. Peter Pracownik's Dragon Tarot--- https://40.media.tumblr.com/e7e2073f...giheo5_250.jpg
                          5. Gilded Tarot--- see above link
                          6. Anne Stokes Gothic Tarot--- (video of in process making it) https://youtu.be/7Z4v5MEbp8s
                          7. Tarot Draconis--- https://41.media.tumblr.com/a636e00f...giheo7_250.jpg
                          8. Dishonored Tarot (as in the one from the Preorder of the game)
                          Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                          Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                          sigpic

Comment

I have a rare 1/1000 deck that I have more as a collectible than for actual uses. The artwork is absolutely astounding. I also own the Deviant Moon deck, which is my go to.
                            Book of Azathoth, Tarot, Occult, Magick, Lovecraft, Cthulhu, Crowley
                            "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
                            And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
                            They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
                            The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
                            - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Comment

I have quite a few, I got on a kick buying ones a while back...
                              I'll have to go make a list, my head problems I have a hard
                              time remembering much of anything.
                              Gentle Light
                              MsMollimizz

Comment

I have the Shadowscapes Tarot. The artwork is beautiful and drew me in.

Comment

Working...
                                X