Lets talk about (tarot) decks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Tarot deck(s) do you have?

I have a R. Waite and an Elemental tarot, but my go to (go ahead and laugh) is the Housewives' Tarot. It's kitschy and fun, but the cards are all self explanatory and you hardly need to look at a book.

Comment

I have the classic Rider-waite deck, the Robin Wood deck, a mini rider and mini Thoth decks,the Celtic Dragon tarot and my go to one is the Witchy tarot
      Last edited by lightdragon; 31 Mar 2015, 15:25.
      Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons, For You Are Crunchy And Good With Kethup.

Comment

Shadowscapes

Animals Divine

Decameron Tarot (which I'm thinking about selling)

I've really developed a soft spot for Oracle decks in the past few years though.

Comment

I have an Angel Deck because I love Angels.... Not sure where it ran off to though. I haven't seen it in ages. I hope my mom didn't throw it out on me... She may have done it by accident.
          A Happy Little Wiccan:^^:

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Because who needs a life when you have a chatroom.

Comment

Hermetic, Thoth, Marseille, Rider-Waite, acquired in that order. My oldest chose first Rider-Waite and then Dragon, and my youngest opted for Crystal Oracle cards after a brief go with the hand-me-down Rider-Waite pack. The middle child has no interest in anything esoteric, nor does my husband.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

I own the Revelations Tarot and Vision Quest Tarot (which is a gorgeous, Native American themed deck). I own two oracle decks - Earth Magic and The Messenger. On my wish list are the Dame Darcy Tarot and the Journey of Love oracle.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaxxie View Post
                I own the Revelations Tarot and Vision Quest Tarot (which is a gorgeous, Native American themed deck). I own two oracle decks - Earth Magic and The Messenger. On my wish list are the Dame Darcy Tarot and the Journey of Love oracle.
                I wanted to add decks I've retired either by gifting someone else or discarding. I had the Rider-Waite, Robin Wood, Hidden Path, Goddess Guidance Oracle, Druid Animal Oracle, Thoth, Gilded Tarot, Romantic Tarot, and one that I cannot remember the name of. It came in a box set from Borders. It was an oracle/positive affirmation deck with square cards and a book and a little drawstring pouch. I just remember the cards were very brightly illustrated.

Comment

I have the Thoth deck currently and my next deck is going to be the Diviant Moon tarot.... Ive also owned the Goddess tarot and Cosmic tarot but gave them away, they did not work with me.... I have also delved into Cats Eye tarot

Comment

I'm a collector, so I have 62 of the things including the one currently in the post from Italy! Favourites are the Waite-Smith, Vanessa, DruidCraft, Vision Quest, Steampunk (Moore-Fell one), Dark Grimoire.

My oldest is a Thomson-Leng from 1935 (rather distressed) and my most expensive a reprint of the Knapp-Hall.

Comment

I only have one deck, but I haven't used it in QUITE a long time. Each card depicts things from various Arthurian myths and legends, that corresponds with the card's meaning. So even if you're unfamiliar with Tarot in general but know your legends, you're good to go!

Comment

I have three decks, although I only use two of them. The first I have never used and am not overly interested in, but picked up for almost no cost and wanted to at least see a good home given to it, its a deck concerning love and relationships and is very specific in the types of readings it seems to give (due to its nature).

The next deck is the Wildwood Tarot, which has druidic/celtic inspiration drawn into it, I personally love this deck and it is my most used deck! It is a very healing/mystery-centric deck, and it has strong bonds for me with the connections it makes. I always get great readings from my Wildwood, and people often comment how it seems to strike at the core of their problems with precision and sincerity (which I have not noticed as much with other decks I have handled).

The deck I most recently procured is the Deviant Moon Tarot, a dark, shadowy and eerie deck which delights in the archetype of the shadow and the trickster. It is a deck which I only use with those who really want it, since the imagery can be disconcerting (even though it is not malicious), and it sometimes more quickly delves into the darker aspects of peoples lives more quickly than they would like. Although I don't have as much luck with it as my Wildwood, I have found at times that the Deviant Moon deck has an interesting twist. It always seems to either be incredibly blunt like a slapstick joke, or deep, mysterious and a little scary while giving no quarter for mercy like the cruel joke of a jester scorned.

I hope to one day own more since I love the personalities they all have, but for now I am content with my three!

Comment

I thought we had a number of these threads already -- shows what you miss when you're absent for a while.

My tarot deck is the Russian Tarot of St. Petersburg, which, like everything about mother Russia, has a tumultuous past. The cards were the last project commissioned to Yuri Shakov, a famous miniature painter (he painted things to-scale with some brushes that had only a single hair). He completed the Major Arcana as well as the suit of Chalices, and then he died. The rest of the pips were completed by an unknown Russian artist.

The cards are black with gold filigree style borders, inside of which are paintings made to size depicting various Russian icons (Stalin is depicted as 'The Devil,' and St. George and the Dragon are shown in a few, plus the clothing is all very traditional Russian), and are quite lovely in their own, dark, mysterious way.

They're the only cards I'll ever need.
                          No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
                            I thought we had a number of these threads already -- shows what you miss when you're absent for a while.

My tarot deck is the Russian Tarot of St. Petersburg, which, like everything about mother Russia, has a tumultuous past. The cards were the last project commissioned to Yuri Shakov, a famous miniature painter (he painted things to-scale with some brushes that had only a single hair). He completed the Major Arcana as well as the suit of Chalices, and then he died. The rest of the pips were completed by an unknown Russian artist.

The cards are black with gold filigree style borders, inside of which are paintings made to size depicting various Russian icons (Stalin is depicted as 'The Devil,' and St. George and the Dragon are shown in a few, plus the clothing is all very traditional Russian), and are quite lovely in their own, dark, mysterious way.

They're the only cards I'll ever need.
                            How have I never heard of this...

Comment

My main deck is the Mystic Dreamer Tarot by Barbara Moore. It's gorgeous, and although I'm out of practice and really need to connect with them again, they are very easy for me to interpret and just feel right.

I also have the Manga Tarot by Selena Lin, which was my first and was a gift from my husband. I love the Major Arcana, but the Minor Arcana cards are lacking for me.
                              ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
                                How have I never heard of this...
                                Ha, I just got lucky one day and found them in this tiny shop in Truth or Consequences, NM and had to have them. My love affair with mother Russia dates back as far as I can remember.
                                No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Working...
                                X