Lets talk about (tarot) decks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Tarot deck(s) do you have?

I have The Mythic Tarot (which is an awesome beginners deck, and gets better the longer you use it), Transparent Tarot (which is totally cool and gives fabulous readings), the Housewives Tarot (which is kitchsy and fun), The Gilded Tarot (lovely, but I'm not terribly fond of it), the classic RW (its okay), Legacy of the Divine Tarot (which is fabulously gorgeous, and I seriously got it for the pictures), the Radient RW (if I'm going to use RW, I like this one), and a Tarot de Marseilles. Also, I have a PDF of the Hello Kitty Tarot that I've been meaning to print, color and seal...but I'm not sure if its on my external hard drive or the laptop that just died, so maybe I don't have it anymore.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

So I got my deck in today! Here! Have a super crappy phone picture of the major arcana!

First impressions are: I love it.

It's my first deck so maybe I'm a little over excited, but I'm getting good feelings about it. Many people had gripes about the artwork because at times the figures were obviously done in a 3D modeling program along the lines of Poser. Yes, that is true. But does it detract at all from the art in my opinion? Absolutely not. The colors are vibrant, the themes are consistent, there is tons of detail, and when you go through them one by one it really seems like the artist was paying attention to story telling elements. I think the medium the images were created with actually lends itself to the deck because you get this nice sort of modern computerized feel to a genre of very dark and surreal fantasy art that makes the finished product feel almost apocalyptic.

After the couple of spreads I've done with them today for messing around and learning purposes I can see that the cards play off each other and mesh well. I don't see too much disjointedness that I've read about in reviews of other decks.

Comment

My first deck was Pagan Tarot, which was good but I should have gone with a more classic deck to learn on. A couple of months ago I ran across a novelty deck - Zombie Tarot - which I just had to have (always been a fan of zombie movies). Surprisingly, I found it resonated with me very well - I've had much more accurate readings with it than with the pagan deck.

Comment

Yesterday I got the Art Nouveau Tarot Deck that I order at Barnes and Nobles. The artwork is beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
            Yesterday I got the Art Nouveau Tarot Deck that I order at Barnes and Nobles. The artwork is beautiful.
            jealous. Alllll my jealousy. I've been trying to hunt that one down every time I go deck shopping and I always *just* miss it
            Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
            Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yorin View Post
              jealous. Alllll my jealousy. I've been trying to hunt that one down every time I go deck shopping and I always *just* miss it
              I'll let you share my deck, darling.

Comment

Re: Lets talk about (tarot) decks...

Today I went to Barnes and Noble and I got the Universal Waite Tarot Deck.

Comment

Yesterday I got my Robin Wood Tarot Deck in the mail. Now I got 9 tarot decks so far.

Comment

I finally got the Tarot Mucha deck yesterday!! I was just about to give up when it caught the corner of my eye about 2 aisles over from where it was supposed to be. Snagged that right away and I'm trying to decide what card to use for the cover of the box I plan on making for it
                    Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                    Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                    sigpic

Comment

I recently bought the X/1999 tarot deck. Yes, it is made after a manga series, one that I loved, and I bought it more as a curio than anything else. But, it's a standard tarot deck with all the cards and works incredibly well with me. It's the deck I'm going to do one card readings with, as soon as I have time.
                      Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Today I went to Barnes and Noble and I got the Radiant Rider Waite Tarot Deck. Now I got 10 tarot decks so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Dust View Post
                          So I got my deck in today! Here! Have a super crappy phone picture of the major arcana!

. I think the medium the images were created with actually lends itself to the deck because you get this nice sort of modern computerized feel to a genre of very dark and surreal fantasy art that makes the finished product feel almost apocalyptic.
                          I like the look of that deck. Good description. I hope you post that somewhere as feedback for the artist.

I've been interested in Doreen Virtue's Angel Oracle deck but I don't like the art. Does anyone know of an angel deck that might have a slightly less perfectly polished look to the art?

Nare, I'd be interested in viewing a tarot deck of your creation It could be called Oracle of the Goat

Comment

Cool. I just order Legend: The Arthurian Tarot by mail last week. So it might come about by next week.

Comment

Today I got Legend The Arthurian Tarot from the post office. Now I got 11 tarot decks so far.

Comment

A couple of days ago, I order the Necromomicon Tarot Deck by mail and as usual it going to be deliver by two weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X