Gravity - what did you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gravity - what did you think?

What did you think of the movie Gravity? Everyone I know who's seen it seems to think it was great, but...

[SPOILERS AHEAD]

... I felt the acting was third-rate (it was like the two leads were in a bad romantic comedy that just happened to be set in space) and that we were hit over the head with the central metaphor. Yeah, I get that the woman was driving her car fast because she was trying to escape Earth's gravity (into the "freedom" of grief and apathy, death) and that she ended up wanting to re-engage with Earth's gravity (her duties and responsibilities, life). But I prefer a story that asks me what I think rather than telling me what I should know. I'm a little surprised when I see this movie getting excellent reviews both as a genre movie and overall. In terms of recent(ish) science fiction, I much preferred movies like Another Earth, Earthling, Absentia, The Purge, Melancholia, Upside Down, Source Code - I could probably think of at least 20 or 30 I thought were better than Gravity.
    OO

Book of Spirals is my author site.
    The Sentient Hillside is my blog.
    Spiral Tree is an ezine for pagans I co-founded.

Re: Gravity - what did you think?

It's been quite a while since I watched it but I remember enjoying it. I don't think I'd sit through it again but it wasn't a waste of time either.

Comment

Re: Gravity - what did you think?

I liked the movie overall,BUT I really think they had a very simple plot to work with,and stretched it as far as was humanly possible just to get it to fit the time. Graphic gets a nine or ten,plot gets about a 3.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
      X