Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Supernatural strength boosting

Originally posted by Muramasa View Post
    I study Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu and our fighting abilities usually increase as we age, because the skill progresses even when there is no strenght left. Just look at our soke Hatsumi.
    Now, I am 22 years old and I want to build as much raw strength as I can, so I can stay fit as I grow old. Our teacher showed us some Amatsu Tartara energy practice and I do it, but I still can't overcome my limits as fast as I want.
    Building up as much raw strength as you can isn't going to result in your staying fit as you stay old. You can't stockpile physical strength, which is why there are plenty of bodybuilders who go to flab as soon as they stop training in their 40's or 50's, and plenty of martial artists who remain limber, healthy and effective fighters into their 90's and beyond.

If you want to remain a fit and effective martial artist as you age, then focus on your martial training and the accompanying internal development practices your teacher gives you (along with living a healthy lifestyle) and, assuming he's a decent teacher passing down a decent system of training*, you'll be fine. That's the whole purpose of those energy practices, to accumulate vital energy which will allow you to live longer and healthier and maintain your level of fitness and fighting ability as you age, but they take time and dedication.

There's no shortcut, you just have to devote yourself to regular training. And energy exercises aren't steroids, they won't turn you into The Hulk.

There's an interesting Yogic anecdote - the student is given a practice and told to perform it a certain amount of times a day, and that he will achieve the results desired in one year. He asks the teacher what will happen if he performs the practice twice as many times a day, and the teacher says "it will take two years!"

There's some wisdom in there.

*On this note, short of taking your chances or possessing an extensive theoretical knowledge of martial arts and internal development, the best way to decide on whether you have the right teacher or not is to look at them and ask yourself ''is that what I want to be when I've been practicing as long as they have?" If the answer is yes, then stay with them. If the answer is no, then find another teacher.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
      Pst. Strength does not equal your chance of growing old. Knowledge does. You can be a strong dummy who gets run over by a truck because he was too busy being super hero guy to think he needed to look both ways.

think about it.

Tis true Duce,I got old,but to be truthful it had nothing to do with super strength..Had a LOT to do with being a right sneaky bastard however,and being smart enough to know when to get out of the way. Doesn't hurt that they call me "The Rooster"(as in the song) "Can't snuff the Rooster"

MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I honestly feel if you are able to get old, then you did something right.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I would like to ask our knowledgeable witches if there is any supernatural way to increase workout performance. I already use almost everything available (Whey protein, creatine, carnitine, multivitamins and some herbal potions). I don't use steroids or mess with hormones.
          I would like to overcome limitations of human strength, but without causing any long term damage to my organism and that's why I am looking for a supernatural means.
          Then how about converting my body into a demonic one?

Comment

Then how about converting my body into a demonic one?
            Demons are not corporeal creatures and possess no physical body in this world, ergo one cannot become one. There is no magical means to change your physical species.
            Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
              Demons are not corporeal creatures and possess no physical body in this world, ergo one cannot become one. There is no magical means to change your physical species.
              Maybe he could offer himself to a vampire for supper?
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Seconded..
                "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                  Don't encourage him...
                  Circe

Comment

Don't encourage him...
                    Lol.

/10lols
                    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                    Seen the desert and the birds
                    You cut your hair short
                    Like a shush to an insult
                    The world had been yelling
                    Since the day you were born
                    Revolting with anger
                    While it smiled like it was cute
                    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                      Not a bad idea. I would gladly trade ability to expose to sunlight for eternal youth, strength and increased overal power.
                      However, I haven't find any convincing proof of their existence. I hear some stories about my distant relative who is believed to became sort of a nosferatu after they found him hanged in a barn. They were not sure if it was a case of suicide.
                      Even if they do exist, where could I find one?

Comment

Not a bad idea. I would gladly trade ability to expose to sunlight for eternal youth, strength and increased overal power.
                        However, I haven't find any convincing proof of their existence. I hear some stories about my distant relative who is believed to became sort of a nosferatu after they found him hanged in a barn. They were not sure if it was a case of suicide.
                        Even if they do exist, where could I find one?
                        He was joking you know.

Vampirism, or people who claim to have it anyway, is really more of a defect than a power. Psychic vampires for example have weakened energy fields which they keep strong by siphoning energy from other organisms. Sanguine vampires operate under the same principal and believe they require blood, and the life energy it provides, in order to remain healthy. Some vampires claim to gain special metaphysical or physical powers but nothing which would amount to super human strength or anything like that. Other "vampires" are members of a subculture which has nothing to do with magic.

In mythology vampires are revenant beings born from executed criminals, witches, murderers, suicide victims, tuberculosis victims, or otherwise unexplained deaths. They rise from the dead to torment the living. The drinking of blood among European vampires isn't uncommon, but the most common is that vampire victims would simply waste away as their life energy was taken over time. There's a number of stories and different types of vampires found around the world, but it's virtually never something one actually wants in these traditions.
                        Circe

Comment

Sounds like they are not as awesome as Angelus, or Drusila.

Comment

Sounds like they are not as awesome as Angelus, or Drusila.
                            Since BTVS vamps aren't undead so much as weak-a** demons borrowing a skin suit and memories, those aren't really good role models to aspire to either. The general goal of immortality is to be personally immortal not to be dead while a comparatively weak and frequently somewhat moronic demon wanders around in your body.
                            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Vampirism, or people who claim to have it anyway, is really more of a defect than a power. Psychic vampires for example have weakened energy fields which they keep strong by siphoning energy from other organisms.
                              The whole concept of "psychic vampirism" as some inborn condition is nonsense - the whole concept is only a few decades old (more or less correlating with the rise of the internet), which leads me to be extremely skeptical about it. Given the amount of study done on the subject of spiritual energy and spiritual anatomy over the course of history, I would think, for example, the Daoist sages of China, or the Yogi's of India, would know a lot about this phenomenon if it's as regular as people on the internet claim. And yet there's no mention of it in the various old texts or lineages.

Even if someone is low on energy (and given our modern lifestyle, it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of people are), there's absolutely no reason they would need to take it from another person - in fact doing so would be extremely inefficient, since unlike blood, spiritual energy is all around us, and learning how to increase your intake and accumulate it within the body is fairly easy. It makes as much sense as shoving a tube down someone's throat to suck the oxygen out of their lungs instead of just taking in a deep breath of air.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeran View Post
                                The whole concept of "psychic vampirism" as some inborn condition is nonsense - the whole concept is only a few decades old (more or less correlating with the rise of the internet), which leads me to be extremely skeptical about it. Given the amount of study done on the subject of spiritual energy and spiritual anatomy over the course of history, I would think, for example, the Daoist sages of China, or the Yogi's of India, would know a lot about this phenomenon if it's as regular as people on the internet claim. And yet there's no mention of it in the various old texts or lineages.

Even if someone is low on energy (and given our modern lifestyle, it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of people are), there's absolutely no reason they would need to take it from another person - in fact doing so would be extremely inefficient, since unlike blood, spiritual energy is all around us, and learning how to increase your intake and accumulate it within the body is fairly easy. It makes as much sense as shoving a tube down someone's throat to suck the oxygen out of their lungs instead of just taking in a deep breath of air.
                                I actually studied vampirism when I started out. I practiced it too (energy, not blood ). I can see why some people would keep doing it, as taking energy from a person gives a different kind of buzz depending on who it is. I did it because I didn't know what else to do, I had come to a point where I recognised that I was very low on energy, and all I could find at the time which fit how I was feeling was vampirism, so I tried drawing energy on a willing donor, and I felt better, but it only lasts a few days. Eventually I met a healer who helped me restore my ballance, and draw from nature rather than people. But for a while there I thought of myself as a vampire (even if the name is misleading ). I think people often miss an important point when criticising "vampires ", it may be a new notion but that doesn't make it wrong. I don't believe people are born that way, personally I was stressed out and using too much energy. I think a lot of people are running low on energy, and not being aware of it draw from whatever is easiest. Drawing unconsciously from people is easy, I've seen lots of people who don't believe in anything occult do it. It might be as easy to draw pure energy, but if you don't know you're even drawing what do you know of what you're getting... I don't practice vampirism anymore, but I learned a lot about energy from it. Anyway, hope it makes sense
                                You remind me of the babe
                                What babe?
                                The babe with the power
                                What power?
                                The Power of voodoo
                                Who do?
                                You do!
                                Do what?
                                Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Working...