X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Would you help me?

Originally posted by GaryG. View Post
    There is enough information out there that ignorance is no excuse, and I guess it's a good thing then that I couldn't care less what you think I should know, and you're right, you should leave this to those better grounded in heathenry.

Marvelous, I was hoping that you'd pick this option. I think you should know that rule 8 in this link

bans multiple accounts. I think you should know that the appropriate answer to losing your original account access is to contact site support via e-mail. I think you should know that closing secondary and therefore banned accounts is well within my authority and I think you should know that since you have just invited my full and unrestricted judgement for your lack of brains and good judgement, you can wait until you rediscover your original access codes or Juni re-opens your account. I invite you to play, "invite MaskedOne's full and unrestricted judgement" again whenever you get back.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Bows down to the master of the masked spirit....
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I know he's been banned (which I'm not upset by, as this is not actually the first time he's caused this sort of drama here), but I'll just point out to everyone that GaryG is a perfect example of the hardcore fundamental recon that we NT'ers and non-recons are referring to when we talk about hardcore fundamental recons.

You don't even bother arguing with them... they don't listen to reason and just get aggressive when you start undermining their arguments. They are dead set on their interpretation of the Lore and the archaeological record and will not budge, even if you throw contradictory demonstratable hyptheses at them (because lets face it, archaeology and anthropology prove nothing, just provide us with educated guesswork). They are infuriatingly illogical and hypocritical. It's this sort of recon that gives recons a bad name. It's also this sort of recon that is the reason NT'ers and non-recon Heathens stay away from many Heathen communities.

If someone like this pops up again, don't bother. All it will do is bait them into getting banned. Which is usually a highly successful technique in non-Heathen forums... not that I'm... you know... advocating that... or anything... *looks innocent*

- - - Updated - - -

Which brings me to the original post...

Originally posted by Amethist View Post
        Hello everybody! I posted a small post about myself in the intro forum but I would like to share my experience with you and maybe find friend with whom walk in the path of the Aesir.
        Welcome! Unfortunately, you've just had your first run in with a hardcore fundamentalist recon Heathen... please don't take GaryG's behaviour personally or as any sort of 'norm'... you will see it semi-regularly on recon Heathen forums, but it is certainly NOT the only way to practice Heathenry. And it is NOT an accurate reflection of what was likely to have been practiced historically, despite what that sort will try to tell you.

Luckly, here at the PF Heathen board, we are not hardcore fundamentalist recons... we're a collection of much more open minded and diverse 'Heathens' and Northern Tradition folk who you should find welcoming and helpful. Often the non-Heathens pop in... we're a share-and-share-alike sort of community here and don't pay that much attention to categories and labels! Which is great, because it means you'll get a wide range of opinions from both inside and outside viewpoints.

Although I hold Lucifer in high respect, I knew that He wasn't my destination, my path so, after a lot of years, I finally got the call from the Aesir. It's pretty hard to describe how it happened, it's been something coming out from my heart, a voice calling from deep in my soul.
        Loki has been the first to call, he demanded a special gift that will be completed over the time: a book including Runes, prayers and magic entirely made by hand, rich in illumination and drawings. It will take me a long time to finish but it doesn't matter as long as it pleases the Aesir.
        Thor and Njord came afterwards and together with Loki, they now form the Triad I worship on my small, simple altar.
        Loki, Thor and Njord also demanded that most of the items on my altars be made by myself (where possible) so I made a tile where to put the offers, an incense holder, a candle holder and I am going to embroider a special altar cloth.
        Despite what some recons will have you believe, this is not an unusual experience... you are definitely not alone in this sort of introduction to the path. Loki in particular is a very controversial subject amongst Heathens, but His people are more than welcome here (and you will find a few other Loki's folk here at PF).

The last of the signs I've got is a Rune...
        Long time ago I modeled a set of Rune charms out of clay, then I stored them in a box. Few days ago, while rummaging in my shoulder bag, I found one of those Runes and I have no idea of how it landed there as all the Runes are securely stored in that box.
        The rune is Sowilo, any of you know how to related it to my newly found path?
        Sowilo is usually a positive rune, and a sign that something is either going well, on the right track, or assured of success. Of course, it's much more complex than just that (the runespirits always are) but I feel that in this context it's likely a confirmation of the direction you are taking.

Comment

I should point out thag GaryG may re-appear. All he has to do is follow the correct procedure to get Juni's help with his account. Permabanning both accounts is outside my legitimate authority. GaryG. (Note the distinguishing dot) is a secondary account and those I can ban on sight most of the time. Their existence is a rule violation. Normally they get closed after the first account is worked out but that is not actually promised and normally when I offer people the choice of

"Be benevolent and I will to you or be harsh and I'll be harsh to you."

They are not so collossally stupid as to pick option 2.

- - - Updated - - -

I should also point out in case he's lurking that the first secondary isn't being held against his original account. Now that I've pointedly stated the correct policy though both here and in a ban notification, building another secondary is highly inadvisable. I don't have the authority to permanently kill the primary account but violating the correct procedure to get his account fixed too many times may draw administrative wrath and they do possess that authority.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
            You don't even bother arguing with them... they don't listen to reason and just get aggressive when you start undermining their arguments. They are dead set on their interpretation of the Lore and the archaeological record and will not budge, even if you throw contradictory demonstratable hyptheses at them (because lets face it, archaeology and anthropology prove nothing, just provide us with educated guesswork). They are infuriatingly illogical and hypocritical. It's this sort of recon that gives recons a bad name. It's also this sort of recon that is the reason NT'ers and non-recon Heathens stay away from many Heathen communities.
            Heathens have a Tea Party faction. Who knew?

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Hi all! I didn't want to spark all this debate! The fact that I am quite new to Heathenry doesn't mean that I am new to spirituality and extrasensory contacts.
              My goal now is to follow this path in the best way possible. I reckon that as for any other religion/spiritual path, there are always fundamentalists that don't care of what others think or do but I am not troubled.
              I also know that Loki is a much controversial god and some paths don't even think he is a god.
              I think that the relationship with the gods is very personal, some gods may appear beneficial to some people and less beneficial to others which is what leads to misjudging some deities like Loki.

Comment

I also know that Loki is a much controversial god and some paths don't even think he is a god.
                I think that the relationship with the gods is very personal, some gods may appear beneficial to some people and less beneficial to others which is what leads to misjudging some deities like Loki.
                I stumbled upon this the other day, following your post, and thought you'd find it a quite enjoyable read, along with the rest of the things on the site.

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
                  I stumbled upon this the other day, following your post, and thought you'd find it a quite enjoyable read, along with the rest of the things on the site.

http://readingheathenism.wordpress.c...s-by-a-lokean/
                  I love the Reading Heathenism blog... some really interesting research and insights on there!

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
                    Thank you very much, Munin-Hugin. I read that post and i found it really interesting as many others in the same blog look like. I think I will spend some time reading them.
                    I don't feel comfortable with Asatru because I feel they stick too much on documentary evidences so it looks like they think "if it isn't written anywhere, then it can't be true". I think the essence of Gods cannot be contained in a few pages of a Saga and that the Gods may decide to approach people in different ways. There is chance that they now approach their followers in a different way than 1,000 years ago and I also think that this holds true especially for Loki who has been always quite unpredictable.
                    I simply skipped all the flame that ensued from my first post because I am not here to debate the only and true way to worship the Gods (I don't think there is one). I am here to find other fellow followers with whom exchange ideas and experiences and who can help me walk this path in the best way possible (this is why I thank you so warmly, Munin-Hugin for showing me that blog).
                    I know that many don't consider Loki even worth of worship and tend to despise His followers considering them as freaks. Still, I don't care at all if someone may make fun of me because He is so important to me. I feel wonderfully with Him by my side, this is important and I don't care what people may say.

Comment

I know that many don't consider Loki even worth of worship and tend to despise His followers considering them as freaks. Still, I don't care at all if someone may make fun of me because He is so important to me. I feel wonderfully with Him by my side, this is important and I don't care what people may say.
                      Interestingly, while I've never had any issues with seeing Loki as a deity worthy of worship, outside of a single experience with him MANY years ago, up until recently it hadn't crossed my mind to look to him for guidance and the like. Now, after reading some of the entries on that blog, and the fact that my first impulse while starting my home project was to carve a stone for Loki, I am giving him a bit more of my attention.

Comment

Working...
                      X