Intro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intro

Hello! I'm very happy to have found this forum.

A little about me: I was raised in a very religiously strict non-denominational, non-church-going Christian household. Which sounds like a horrible oxymoron, but was really just horrible. And kind of moronic. I've considered myself to be a non-denominational neo-pagan since I was 11 and came upon the "spiritual, but not religious, except when you are" section in the library. I'm happy to call myself a neo-pagan for the most part, but I feel a strong rift (and a huge amount of guilt) between myself and my family who don't know that I haven't been a Christian for more than half of my life. To this day the only member of my family who knows is my mom, who is either very supportive or terrified of my imminent trip to hell, depending on her mood. Personally, I think I've been too passive in my pursuit of religion, with no better outcome than the rift I feel is as rift-y as ever and I am not very happy with anything. I guess that's why I joined this forum. Religion is very important to me and in neglecting my own I've been neglecting myself. I think I'm hoping that this'll goad me into making decisions and actually finding some kind of rituals to practice that mean something to me.

Outside of that, I'm a huge fan of astrology. Like, I'd rather have astrology books than new clothes or cable (I'm dying to get my hands on Ben Dykes Persian Nativities series and Regulus Astrology's A Rectification Manual) and look forward to the day when I can decorate my walls with astrological glyphs and essential dignity tables. I've just gotten seriously interested in Tarot, as it seems to mix my interest in divination and my interest in art quite well, but I still know very little about it. I love painting, gardening, baking any kind of dessert you can think of and sleeping my days away. I'm a housecleaner for now and I hate it so very much. Eagerly looking for something more interesting to do (that pays).

So, that's me in a nutshell. Thanks for reading and enjoy your day!

Re: Intro

Hey Strength and welcome to our community! Some of us were raised in religious households too.
    I can say that religion is important to me as well.

Enjoy your stay! The users here are wonderful people!
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Thank you for the warm welcome, Gleb! I look forward to getting to know everyone!

Comment

Hey there, nice to meet you. You definitely aren't the only one around with some sort of conservative Christian background. I myself spent some time as a Southern Baptist, then a Petecostal, with some of this and that mixed in. I know there are others.

I hope you feel right at home!
        We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
        It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
        Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
        -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Hello and welcome!

Comment

Welcome to PF!!!
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Thank you very much!

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
                  Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                    X