Views:	1
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	356105Click image for larger version

Name:	dc_2009_5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	356106

~Its that time of year again. On 16 November it will be Schichi-Go-San!~ :3

For those of us who are unfamiliar, Schichi-Go-San is a Matsuri (festival) for boys who are 3 and 5 years old, and girls who are 3 and 7 years old. Parents dress the children in their best clothes, and taken to the local shrine to offer their gratitude to the Kami, and to pray for continued safe growth and development. It is an important event in the life of children.

I know that there are only a few Shinto practitioners on the forum, and probably even less of us live even remotely close to a proper Shinto shrine, but that doesn't mitigate the fact that we should concentrate upon these times on praying for the youth of our families, as well as within all nations. The youth are the future of our society and it is important to go and ask the Gods to bless them with good health, safe development and to keep them harm. :3

The festivities have yet to begin, but I figured that I would go ahead an upload this thread early as a preparation for the official day of the festival. I hope that you all will join me in praying for the good health, happy childhood and protection of the youth on the 16th, and I am interested what you think of the festival. :^^:

Of course just because the festival hasn't begun yet does not mean that we can't talk on the subject, and any conversation on topic is welcome, as well as any questions. (^-^)
Working...
X