Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Helping a fellow out! (the public edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helping a fellow out! (the public edition)

Yesterday, in the Supporter's Lounge, I made a request. Today, I am bringing that request to the rest of the Forum.

Most of you who are regularly active will have seen SeanRave's post in the Thinking thread the other day. Those of you who have been paying attention will know that he's been struggling in France for the last couple of months.

He's run out of money, and is playing guitar in the streets to try to survive. I want to help him out.

In the past here at Pagan Forum, we have helped out members via donation when they have been in a financial bind. We have helped members we care about get back on their feet.

I want us to help Sean out. Every bit of money we raise for him, is a day he doesn't have to spend playing for money, and is a day he can spend finding a job. It's hard in France, guys. So let's keep him off the streets for a few weeks so he can clean up and look for a job.

I know a lot of us don't make a lot of money. But do you think we can raise even just a little bit, for Sean, who has been with us for a long time?

We don't like it when our members go hungry.

So if the answer is yes, PLEASE donate. Click the donate button at the top, and for the next three weeks, every dollar you donate will go towards Sean, and his quest for excellence (and food). Every day we can help him eat, is a day he can spend looking for work, rather than playing on the streets for food. Even if that amount is just one day.

One dollar. Five dollars. It's not much, guys. So show some love and go click dem buttons.

Mostly art.

Re: Helping a fellow out! (the public edition)

I wanted to thank you all in advance for this. It will prove infinitely useful for my job-hunting.

I wanted also to inform you of my expenses: To eat, I need about 2€ minimum per meal. I eat twice a day (breakfast is for the weak!). I need to do laundry once every 12-14 days. This costs me 4.50€ for the washing machine and detergent, and 2€ more for the drying machine. Bus tickets cost 1.30€, and they're absolutely necessary in order to be able to look for jobs outside the "centre-ville" which is like the central part of the city.

I win between 0.50€ and 1€ per hour of playing guitar. A couple of kind people have given me a bit of food before. As you can see, this takes me quite a lot of time every day. On average, I have to play about 5 or 6 hours a day I order to eat well that very same day. Of course, I could eat with less than 2€ but that will get me like... A small butter and ham sandwich? Don't get me wrong. It's not like I expect to eat like a king despite being on the street. But being able to eat somewhat well contributes to my health and moral stability, which in turns contributes to my motivation and energy, which makes me more productive when looking for a job.

Thank you all so much, and I promise your help won't go to waste. I'll keep you guys updated.

I love you Pagan Forum.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

I've almost been where you have been. Well as a teen I was homeless a bit and living in friend's cars etc. And I've been holding on this last year to just make ends meat. I got a promotion and full time hours. So I gave because I know. And even though I'm way down here....to others it looks like I'm up above my head a bit. So I'm helping out another in need.

It's true that every small amount helps. So for those of us who have been low on the funds, well...we can stretch out a few dollars and let someone who is in need a hand.

Don't make me sic Satan on you.

Sean, I truly want you to know, do not give up.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Hang in there Kiddo,I am working on something. I don't do Paypal or anything,so I am gonna need an address so I can send a check to help you out. Trust me I have a little saved that is supposed to go for toasting me after I depart this mortal coil,but better it raises a younger person(I have been where you are at,and this is paying it forward)

So Juni,if you could send me an address(PO Box would do) in a PM,Then I can send what I can.
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Done I'm sorry I couldn't offer more, but hopefully every little bit helps! I know things are tough in France right now :/

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
            Hang in there Kiddo,I am working on something. I don't do Paypal or anything,so I am gonna need an address so I can send a check to help you out. Trust me I have a little saved that is supposed to go for toasting me after I depart this mortal coil,but better it raises a younger person(I have been where you are at,and this is paying it forward)

So Juni,if you could send me an address(PO Box would do) in a PM,Then I can send what I can.
            I don't have this information. You can PM him directly, though. I'm sure he would appreciate it every much (not speaking for him, but I have a hunch).

Also, just an FYI. Anyone who donates to this cause will also get the Purple name tag, access to the Supporters section and access to having their own blog. If anyone is interested in having a @paganforum.com email, let me know. Supporters can opt to get one of those as well.
            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
            Sneak Attack
            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

The reason I wanted an address Juni,if I sent a check to France,he would most likely have a hard time getting it cashed there. I would like to send it to you directly to send to him via paypal.
              I think that would be quicker. Let me know what you think.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                The reason I wanted an address Juni,if I sent a check to France,he would most likely have a hard time getting it cashed there. I would like to send it to you directly to send to him via paypal.
                I think that would be quicker. Let me know what you think.
                Oooh DERP. I completely misread/misunderstood your post. I'll PM you.
                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                Sneak Attack
                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I can't believe you guys.

This is why I'm proud to call this home.

Mostly art.

Comment

If not us,who? If not now,when? This is why I love being a part of pagan forum.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

For what it's worth I was homeless in my early 20s and it all worked out. Glad you have a warm place to sleep. I confess that you have not been in my prayers, but that changes now. Know that you matter; know what you seek; find it. Peace.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

I love this place.

Now Sean, don't you DARE come meet up with me, unless I pay for EVERY CENT. So how much would you need for that? Lol

Also, don't you DARE make catching up with me a priority over like, life and jobs and stuff. I will not be upset if the fares for your train end up paying for life instead of leisure.
                        ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                        Seen the desert and the birds
                        You cut your hair short
                        Like a shush to an insult
                        The world had been yelling
                        Since the day you were born
                        Revolting with anger
                        While it smiled like it was cute
                        That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

You are all amazing. I'm probably just going to say this over and over again for the next couple of weeks, but you are all amazing, compassionate, wonderful people, with kind hearts and gentle souls.

Thank you for helping out a friend.

Mostly art.

Comment

We may be an odd little family, but we are are there for each other and that's really all there is in life!
                            sigpic
                            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I haven't had the time to thank you. I've received two huge amounts of money. I really can't believe it. I was in tears both times. This money will help me pursue my job hunting without having to worry about money for food for quite some time. You guys are amazing. Really amazing. I'm in debt with all of you, and I will be sure to be able to return the favor somehow, someday.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Working...
                              X