Woman sues owners of dog killed by her pit bulls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woman sues owners of dog killed by her pit bulls

Complete and utter B.S. Read the story,and tell me how this even makes a bit of sense...

MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: Woman sues owners of dog killed by her pit bulls

The guy needs to counter-sue for everything that woman's got. Make the woman regret ever filing such an outrageous lawsuit. I wish there were consequences for bull**** cases like these.

Comment

I think the lawsuit is BS, but the story is slanted against the pitbulls and without more details I'm not willing for say whose at fault. If her dogs attacked because their dog attacked her when she went to retrieve her own, I don't blame her dogs at all. And I could see why she would want compensation for injuries if their dog attacked her first. If it was a German Shepard that killed an attacking dog people would laud it as a hero. I'm not saying that's what happened, but the story isn't very specific on the timeline. It very well could have been dogs entered neighbors yard, lady entered neighbors yard to retrieve, peaceful pitbulls were playing, neighbors dog attacks lady, pitbulls attack back in defense and kill neighbors dog.
      We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
      It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
      Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
      -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

First big issue,The pits went into Neighbors yard. I do doubt a beagle would attack,these generally being less aggressive,and the beagle was 10 years old(pretty old for a dog),also 4 to 1 and I am sorry if Pits are considered bad,but there are many stories of them being VERY aggressive. The pits were by the local gov deemed dangerous,and the owner of the Beagle decided not to sue the owner of the pits,because he assumed the Government ruling was enough to constrain the pits. I did read other accounts of the event,and it was clear the pits were the aggressor's and Though I love all animals,I might think the pits should at a minimum be contained.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

We have 1 full blooded pit female and her mixed pups (4 of them now though abt 4 years old). We never allow all of them to run free at once. Never allow them out unless one of us is out there with them and in their kennel area. If two are out one is in the open run kennel area while the other is in the smaller kennel run. Have 6 foot fences all around but would prefer 8 foot if we could find them as we know they can jump / climb the 6ft if scared or think we are threatened. We don't leave them alone with the grand-children nor allow the grand-children to get in their kennel area, only next to the fence occasionally. They are loving and obedient dogs but we do not take chances with them either.

Sorry to me this is a bs lawsuit and should be dismissed at the get go. If anything i'd tell the person who lost the dog to file a counter suit.
          I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I see that you yourself are a responsible Pitbull owner,and truly the dogs nature has had negative press. People do forget or do not know the history of the breed,they were bread to be aggressive because they were pitted against BULLS as a betting venture. Not unlike dog fights of years past. Their nature has been bread to be aggressive,so it is not really the dogs fault,BUT an owner must be aware of their history.

A history of the breed.
            http://www.dogsbite.org/dangerous-do...Fa9j7AodfHEAGg

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I've owned pits and rotties and sheps. We know have a pitbull living with us with the older dog. Lexi is sweet as pie. Only wants to love you with her massive smile. And when she decides to playfull nip at my shoe lace...I can feel that grip like steel.

Yes, they are one of the most loving dogs about. But the physical makeup of their body means that jaw is strong. Whether on a mean one or a sweet as pie one.

Oddly we have a neighbor who has a chihuahua. It's not overly yappy. I mean I never hear it. But we have a brick wall fence between us. That dog will find a way to get up on that fence (it's about 8 feet tall) and pace back and forth wanting to play with Lexi. Lexi sees it and smiles and doesn't bark. She paces back and forth with it. It's cute. They are 'friends'. Or at least friendly neighbor dogs. But I know that if that dog ever jumped into the yard, Lexi would play with it. Doing the pounce thing. And I'd come home to a dead neighbor's dog. And it would be their fault because WE keep our dog fenced in properly. THEY do not.
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Doesn't matter what breed it is - keep your fences in good repair. Train your dogs. Socialize your dogs. When you have neighbors with dogs, introduce them & don't just let them run rampant. Stay aware & watch for problems - just like with human kids. It's usually pretty easy to determine who the bully is if you spend any time watching them at all.
                The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by Ophidia View Post
                  Doesn't matter what breed it is - keep your fences in good repair. Train your dogs. Socialize your dogs. When you have neighbors with dogs, introduce them & don't just let them run rampant. Stay aware & watch for problems - just like with human kids. It's usually pretty easy to determine who the bully is if you spend any time watching them at all.

I agree. But what pisses me off is that most pit bull and big dog owners know this. How come I never see a well behaved little dog? Just never. Except for Hugh Jackman's little french bull dog Dali. He's adorable. Sorry. Had to sneak that in.

Comment

Little dogs are a waste of space, if you ask me. I dunno, but I can't consider a dog that's smaller than my cats as a proper dog. Except for fennec foxes. Those things are more like cats than dogs, anyway.

It really doesn't come down to the dog, so much as to the person. People are so ready and willing to blame everything and anything except for themselves rather than take responsibility for their own actions. Whether it's their children, or their pets, or a tree on their property, if you don't take care of the things that you have an obligation to take care of, then it's your damn fault.

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                      First big issue,The pits went into Neighbors yard. I do doubt a beagle would attack,these generally being less aggressive,and the beagle was 10 years old(pretty old for a dog),also 4 to 1 and I am sorry if Pits are considered bad,but there are many stories of them being VERY aggressive. The pits were by the local gov deemed dangerous,and the owner of the Beagle decided not to sue the owner of the pits,because he assumed the Government ruling was enough to constrain the pits. I did read other accounts of the event,and it was clear the pits were the aggressor's and Though I love all animals,I might think the pits should at a minimum be contained.
                      That's fine then, I just don't like to accuse without knowing all the facts and that particular article did leave a few important questions unanswered.

I also agree with the general responsible dog owner idea. And I do understand that aggression is a breed tendency with pitbulls. I've just seen them blamed unfairly at times and I don't like that.
                      We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                      It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                      Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                      -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Understood,I tend to blame people for bad animal behavior. When we humans domesticated animals,it should never have been to pit them against each other. To breed animals to fight each other is an evil act.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                          I agree. But what pisses me off is that most pit bull and big dog owners know this. How come I never see a well behaved little dog? Just never. Except for Hugh Jackman's little french bull dog Dali. He's adorable. Sorry. Had to sneak that in.
                          Wishbone... You know, the little jack russel terrier in that kids show?
                          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                            Wishbone... You know, the little jack russel terrier in that kids show?
                            Omg. Yes! He was my doggy boyfriend. Him and his lil hat. Soo cute!

Comment

Working...
                            X