New Texas Textbooks Say Constitution Based On Bible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Texas Textbooks Say Constitution Based On Bible

...and US democracy was inspired by Moses...

Whether you’ve been turned off by religion in the past or have a question about one of the world’s religions, check out what Patheos has to offer.

Pharoah of Texas, let my people go!!!
    I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and CountryTribe of my Tribe
    Clan of my Clan
    Kin of my Kin
    Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
    And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Re: New Texas Textbooks Say Constitution Based On Bible

What ... The ... Hell ...

I don't even ... I can't ... UGH

Comment

The worst part is that because Texas is one of the biggest states, its choice in text books will influence the entire country. Basically, Texas and California have the most say when it comes to what other states get for texts. If Texas wants a bunch of textbooks with a Christian slant, a big part of the country also gets them, whether they want them or not, because that's what textbook publishers will print.

Comment

Shrug,

The 3/5th's compromise is Biblical?

Note: This is a rhetorical question because answering yes or no is damning either way. I don't actually need answers to it.
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Looking at the main forum, all I could see was "New Texas Textbooks Say..." I couldn't see the rest of the title, but I still knew it had to have something to do with the Bible. I mean, seriously, if you see the words "Texas" and "Textbook(s)," you can pretty much take a very good guess at what it's about.

As for the content of the textbooks, s-t-u-p-i-d. I really think Texas tries everything to get the Bible/Biblical teachings into schools. I've said many times, that while I would never have kids, if I did, they would be home-schooled.

Comment

And I suppose the west was won by cowboys riding dinosaurs. (Hey, may as well go all in!)
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

This reminded me of a conversation that I had at work that made everyone look at me like I had 17 heads and had just told them to go home and boil up their pets and children for dinner.

I commented that to make things easier, just say "screw it" and have all employers not be closed on religious holidays, but make it a nationwide thing that save for emergency/health related professions, all people get national holidays off. Let's get back to a time when Veteran's Day, Memorial Day, President's Day, etc actually mean what they're supposed to mean rather than a reason to make silly commercials and to have big sales.

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
              And I suppose the west was won by cowboys riding dinosaurs. (Hey, may as well go all in!)
              Unfortunately, that wouldn't work, because as well all know, The Devil placed dinosaur bones into the earth and designed it so science would trick us into believing that it is older than the 6000 years that it alludes to in the Bible.

Comment

I bet they'd really hate to see how our founding fathers used Islamic law in our Constitution as well. I mean if we are going to go religious..let's be factual.

Also. Texas. Catch ebola already. Sorry.
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                  Also. Texas. Catch ebola already. Sorry.
                  No, because they would just claim it was a miracle of God that not so many people aren't getting and dying like in West African instead of giving credit to the scientific community.
                  We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                  It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                  Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                  -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                    I've been told that this is part of my Yule present this year: http://controversy.amorphia-apparel....n/coexistence/
                    "I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of God. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. What God desires is here
                    (in your head) and here (in your heart) and what you decide to do every day, you will be a good man - or not."
                    ~from Kingdom of Heaven

"But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."
                    ~Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Had to Bookmark that site...
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                        Had to Bookmark that site...
                        So did I!

Here's your ten characters, thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
                        X