Free Mindfulness resource

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free Mindfulness resource

This website offers free mindfulness audio files. They are short mindfulness exercises and also offer some guided meditations. They are not spiritual, but are exercises for the mind. I want to share these with the community because I really wish I came across them sooner.
    Welcome Welcome to The Free Mindfulness Project - Home to a growing collection of free-to-download mindfulness meditation exercises. Our sister site is Words to Sit With: a home for contemporary, free-to-share mindfulness poetry. The aim of The Free Mindfulness Project is to provide easy and free

Re: Free Mindfulness resource

This looks like a really great resource. Thanks for sharing. I recently started using guided meditations again and finding them more helpful than ever before. Can't wait to start downloading some of these exercises.
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

We actually got the option to do a short mindfulness course at school before the exam period and I found it really useful! it's really good for all sorts of different stuff^, anything from calming yourself on the fly to a meditation substitute
      Thanks for posting, I'll have to get back into it =3
      Work hard Play hard.
      What is history?

Comment

You know, I'd never actually heard of mindfulness exercises (although it looks similar to some of the techniques used in cognitive therapy, so maybe I do know it just not by name). I read the introduction pages and then listened to the 3 minute breathing exercise. The guy had a very pleasant voice (some kind of northern British accent but I couldn't quite place it).

I've asked for a voice recorder for Christmas that also stores MP3s (my android phone just doesn't have the memory). I'm definitely going to fill that with these tracks so I can listen to them while doing the cleaning at work!
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
          You know, I'd never actually heard of mindfulness exercises (although it looks similar to some of the techniques used in cognitive therapy, so maybe I do know it just not by name).
          Yes, I think that it is a method of cognitive therapy and so is the reason I'm using these. Under the guidance of a psychologist, I'm dealing with some long standing anxiety issues and am hoping to practise living in the present rather than repeatedly revisiting the past.

Along with the guided meditations, there's also some freestyle tracks with bells. So it's just silence with intervals of bells. Now that I have a feel for what to do, I used one of those for the first time yesterday because the traffic can get so loud at my house it drowns out the voices.

The hardest thing I find to do is to sit still. I reposition a few time before I find a comfortable spot and then have to scratch an itch on my face or brush my hair back... or some other random thing.. What has helped me a little bit with that was doing a recorded meditation provided by a guy called Swami Jnaneshvara (Swami J) where he said something like appreciate the stillness and to be aware of the ability to move without moving. I thought that was a good way of explaining the process of self-control in that situation.

Anway, I'm glad to see some people taking advantage of these tracks. I hope they are useful for you, Jembru and Amadi.

Comment

Working...
          X