Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Tisha, don't stress about giving us the update you've had a lot on your mind. Thanks though! Give our love to Chain
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Re: Healing and Prayers for Chain

I just found out about this... wish I was closer to help out and support you. Please get better.
      [4:82]

Comment

Thanks for the update! Sending hugs & good wishes.
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Thank you so much, Tisha. I'm glad to hear he's making progress, even if it's slow. I'd rather it be show and steady than fast and with uncertainty, or worse, no progress at all.

Keep us in the loop. I'm planning on picking up more candles after work today.
          Hoping for all the good things to go Mike's way.

Sent from my mobile device using Forum Runner
          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
          Sneak Attack
          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Slow progress is still progress. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Best of fortune to Chain.
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I'm always amazed at how this forum pulls together for each other. I've been here for a long while and it still amazes me.

You and Chain are in my thoughts, and though I've never met the man in person, I can tell he's a fighter. Take care of yourself and your family first, don't worry or ever feel bad about if, when, or how to update the rest of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                Thank you so much, Tisha. I'm glad to hear he's making progress, even if it's slow. I'd rather it be show and steady than fast and with uncertainty, or worse, no progress at all.

So much this!

...also, no apologies needed. I know how stressful this sort of thing is for family, you guys take care of yourselves.

In the meantime, we're the prayers and good wishes brigade. Let him know our thoughts are with him.
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

Tisha, don't feel bad at all. We're just glad to have an update when possible and to know what's going on. I'm still sending prayers and healing wishes and have a couple friends keeping Chain in their thoughts as well. They know how important this place is to me, and how much Chain means to the forum as a whole.

I'm glad to hear he's making progress. I hope he has a quick recovery, at least as quick as can be expected.
                  We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                  It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                  Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                  -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I'll be sending prayers and blessings to him for a healthy, full recovery.
                    "By yarrow and rue, and my redcap too."

Comment

I miss him very much. He's my grumpy twin.
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Have lit candles this evening. Sending hugs and blessings. X
                        www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

oh no! I didn't realize anything was wrong. sending good vibes and prayers his way, I hope he recovers...

Comment

A real quick update for everyone. He's still in the hospital, hanging in there. He suffered a stroke yesterday and is recovering from that, right now. It's said he can't move his left side and is going in (already went in by this point) for a CT scan to make sure there's no internal bleeding in his brain. We don't have an update yet.
                            Blessings to his friends and family by his side. They've been keeping it together very well but I can't imagine how stressed they must all feel right now. Please keep them in your thoughts as well as we continue to send healing prayers and energy to Mike and his fam.

Does anyone have any experiencing with getting Get Well cards or balloons/flowers delivered to people in Hospitals? I'd really like to send Mike something, to let him know I'm thinking of him and hope he gets better soon but I don't really know what the best way to go about it, is. Ideas?
                            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                            Sneak Attack
                            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

A real quick update for everyone. He's still in the hospital, hanging in there. He suffered a stroke yesterday and is recovering from that, right now. It's said he can't move his left side and is going in (already went in by this point) for a CT scan to make sure there's no internal bleeding in his brain. We don't have an update yet.
                              Blessings to his friends and family by his side. They've been keeping it together very well but I can't imagine how stressed they must all feel right now. Please keep them in your thoughts as well as we continue to send healing prayers and energy to Mike and his fam.

Does anyone have any experiencing with getting Get Well cards or balloons/flowers delivered to people in Hospitals? I'd really like to send Mike something, to let him know I'm thinking of him and hope he gets better soon but I don't really know what the best way to go about it, is. Ideas?
                              At minimum, all we need is the hospital name (and his real name), they can deliver to the hospital and the hospital should be able to look up his info and tell them what floor to deliver it to. Better is if we have the ward he's in and room number. The biggest problem will be *what* he can have in his room. If he's in the ICU, there are sometimes restrictions on what can come in, particularly if someone is at all immune compromised (I'm not sure what his condition is).
                              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                              sigpic

Comment

My prayers are still going strong for him and his loved ones.

I'm not sure about balloons or flowers, but I've sent Get Well Soon cards to relatives in hospital before. I went about it by calling the hospital and asking for their direct mailing address as well as the room my relative was staying in. I was able to put the name of my relative, their room number and letter on the envelope with a In Care Of (the mail staff) post script beneath the address. I hope this helps.
                                "By yarrow and rue, and my redcap too."

Comment

Working...
                                X