Yule!!!!/Christmas!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yule!!!!/Christmas!!!!!

Last night I took myself off to see Get Santa at the cinema. There was no one in there but me and it was wonderful just to get lost in the magic. It reminded me of what Christmas was like as a child and now I'm feeling very much in the mood for it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlin View Post
      ...and now I'm feeling very much in the mood for it all.
      In spite of myself, it's kind is worming its way into my brain. I'm thinking of doing something I did when I was about 20 years old... get a set of antlers from a Christmas decorations store in the mall (sometimes they're attached to a ball cap) put red lipstick on my nose and go to work like that. I did once stick mistletoe in my belt buckle, but that was in the days before p.c.ness and sexual harassment. It totally cracked people up. Now I'd dangle a sprig of mistletoe from my forehead.
      śivāya vishnu rūpaya śivaḥ rūpaya vishnave
      śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Comment

Winter Solstice is one of my favorite times of year because it's nice to feel that your whole world is celebrating something with you - I'm used to all of my festivals taking place only in my living room with no one else participating at all. There's some awkward space between Solstice and Christmas for us, though, since we celebrate Christmas secularly with our families. We hit the peak of the holidays before everyone else hits theirs, I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorbjorn View Post
          In spite of myself, it's kind is worming its way into my brain. I'm thinking of doing something I did when I was about 20 years old... get a set of antlers from a Christmas decorations store in the mall (sometimes they're attached to a ball cap) put red lipstick on my nose and go to work like that. I did once stick mistletoe in my belt buckle, but that was in the days before p.c.ness and sexual harassment. It totally cracked people up. Now I'd dangle a sprig of mistletoe from my forehead.
          I like how you think, it sounds hilarious
          You remind me of the babe
          What babe?
          The babe with the power
          What power?
          The Power of voodoo
          Who do?
          You do!
          Do what?
          Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

When the kids were younger we celebrated everything --- I told them that any reason was a good reason to party. When the oldest was 9 he said we should celebrate Hanukkah because he had a good friend who was Jewish. I told him that if he learned the prayers I'd make the latkes (I make awesome latkes, by the way --- Moosewood recipe); we did this for years and we still have the menorah. We've done the Yule log thing off and on when people wanted to. Kwanzaa took a bit of research since we didn't know anyone who celebrated it, but we managed to respectfully honor that tradition for two years. There is almost always a tree, though we did not have one last year. Two of them wanted to see the Nutcracker this year, so we went to see that. There will be a Solstice party. I am planning to go to both a Solstice service and a candlelit Christmas eve service, at two different places. It has been years since I did either, but I feel like it this year.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

This is probably the most calmest time of year for me. Since I don't 'celebrate' I pretty much get to enjoy everything without the stress or responsibility of having to either go religious or festive. I just eat everything and watch everyone else lose their ever loving minds.
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Raphaeline View Post
                There's some awkward space between Solstice and Christmas for us, though, since we celebrate Christmas secularly with our families. We hit the peak of the holidays before everyone else hits theirs, I mean.
                I know that feeling. This year I'm filling up all the days in between with other things to look forward to, so Yule becomes a week-long event.

Comment

Happy yule everyone

Comment

Happy happy Yule guys !!
                    hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Happy yule
                      You remind me of the babe
                      What babe?
                      The babe with the power
                      What power?
                      The Power of voodoo
                      Who do?
                      You do!
                      Do what?
                      Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Happy Holidays ^^
                        Work hard Play hard.
                        What is history?

Comment

happy holidays.
                          Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons, For You Are Crunchy And Good With Kethup.

Comment

Happy Holidays, fellows!
                            "By yarrow and rue, and my redcap too."

Comment

Merry christmas every human !!!!!!
                              hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

LA reporting for holiday festivities! I rode my bike to the store. Beautiful sky blue day. I wore my flip flops!
                                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                                X