Unsure of my Path

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unsure of my Path

So after I've done some more research, and studied even more. I feel I'm being drawn more into.. spells, potions, herbs, and the like. but when I looked into Wicca I felt unwelcome. I've been studying the Celtic path and what feels right with me, but I feel really torn with things. Would anyone have some book suggestions? I know Celtic doesn't hardly have anything written down because of oral teachings and the druids didn't write things down. Or maybe I thought the deities that were calling me were not? I've gotten some signs from Bran, but nothing really outstanding from Rhiannon. I don't feel defeated in my faith, just unsure and want to do more reading.

I dunno how well Celtic and the feel to do witchcraft mixes together, but I haven't found anything to read that mixes the too... do any of you have anything on that? Internet articles or books?

Re: Unsure of my Path

I know you've mentioned the Welsh deities, but Celtic is such a broad term when it comes to witchcraft..
    Is there a particular area or nation you wish to focus on?
    I would suggest looking into some Cornish witchcraft books, since some cornish witches incorporate celtic traditions into their craft. Maybe have a look see at these titles too: West Country Witches by Michael Howard and Old Tradition Crafte by Robin Artisan-- which deals
    with traditional witchcraft of Scottish and English origin.
    "By yarrow and rue, and my redcap too."

Comment

While you are still researching on what draws you along your path, it's also helpful to develop and recognize your own intuition. It's possible that the signs you've (not?) gotten from the gods could be because you're still getting to know Them and They you. If you seem to have encouraging signs from Bran and want to know more about this god, try writing or saying a simple prayer stating your wish to be acquainted, and the same process for Rhiannon. The signals may be faint at first, which can also make it hard to be confident and speak to Them.

Check your intuition if you feel some definite NO signals from doing an action for a particular god. From my own experience: I am used to offering wine to the deities (called the 'Iluma, Canaanite for 'gods') I'm following. Most of the time, I sense a neutral/glad acceptance, nothing loud. Then one day, I was addressing a particular deity whose mythology included walking his (drunken) Father home, and offered him wine. Ooh, boy, that was a faux pas. I felt that shocked awkwardness that one would have if offering a vegetarian some food with meat. Or in this case, a god dealing with the after-effects of too much drinking, with more alcohol. I changed his particular offering to water, but didn't forget that definite 'ack!' moment.

Comment

Thank you Mother West for that information, I will definitely look into those books. I feel like I'm drawn to Witchcraft, but not Wicca in general.. if that makes sense?

Turningtides, today I think I got some definite signs. My friend got a tarot deck as a gift from another friend of ours, and the first cards he drew out were labeled "Rhiannon" and "Bran." he looked at me like. "I think this was meant for you."

Comment

You're most welcome.
          I completely understand. That's why witchcraft can be entwined with any spirituality. I forgot to mention a few other books I now remember that may also help as well in some way.
          - Welsh Witches And Wizards Witchcraft of the British Isles - Michael Howard
          - Welsh Witchcraft Charms and Spells - Marie Trevelyan
          - A History of Magic and Witchcraft in Wales - Richard Sugget
          "By yarrow and rue, and my redcap too."

Comment

Post deleted.
            Last edited by Wonder; 20 Dec 2014, 21:58. Reason: Wrong thread!

Comment

Working...
            X