Not sure what I am anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was Christian for quite some time, in practice anyway. It was forced on me, and in truth I was never sure of their beliefs. So I decided to just not believe in anything, which was a rather.. interesting.. transition. Now I'm torn. I've been looking into paganism as of late, as it seems quite interesting to me, but there are problems with that as well.
    I still don't believe in deities, but am fascinated by a lot of the traditions. I do have a strong reverence in nature, and believe in karma, reincarnation, and spiritual energy. So, yeah... I just don't know where that puts me, if anywhere. I apologize for the long post, I am just a bit confused at the moment. I appreciate any thoughts on this matter.

Re: Not sure what I am anymore

Perhaps you're simply an Animist of some form or another. Perhaps not. Too many people get caught up, IMHO, trying to force themselves into a box with a label. My advice would be to stop looking for a label and simply allow yourself to freely explore a variety of spiritual paradigms and traditions.

Comment

There's no rule that requires you "be" anywhere. Sometimes it's better just to sit back, read about what interests you, and walk your own path without trying to label it.

Comment

There's absolutely nothing wrong with taking time to figure out your path. I spent many years researching different religions before I found my way to paganism. Read, research, and see what resonates with you.
        Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Ty all. I guess I've been getting myself overly worked up over this. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Zael View Post
            What you are is a human being on a spiritual journey.

All else is superfluous.

Comment

It sounds like Animism to me also. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animism As humans we seem to have an innate need to label and categorize things and ourselves. It's a hard habit to break, especially if it is indeed hardwired in us.
              śivāya vishnu rūpaya śivaḥ rūpaya vishnave
              śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Comment

There's nothing saying you have to believe in deities. If you are spiritually connected to animals, nature, or the universe in general, that's all fine. I would definitely read the link Thorbjorn gave you, and keep exploring. Paths take some time to forge--don't be discourage. You'll find what speaks to you.
                Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I still don't believe in deities, but am fascinated by a lot of the traditions. I do have a strong reverence in nature, and believe in karma, reincarnation, and spiritual energy. So, yeah... I just don't know where that puts me, if anywhere. I apologize for the long post, I am just a bit confused at the moment. I appreciate any thoughts on this matter.
                  That depends on a question I would address first.
                  What, in your opinion, detonates a deity? Does a deity, in your mind have to have some form of significant power, or can it simply exist? Does it have to be transcendent, as it outside of the physical world? So many questions appear in just addressing what is meant by the word deity. Even if you do not believe in deities, it is good to understand what you define deity as.

Comment

I wasn't sure what to believe for quite a while too, switched between one idea to another looking for a definition of God or the Intelligence from which All comes from if you prefer. At some point I was looking into Pantheism and as I was watching a Youtube video to expand on what this theological standpoint is about that is when a revelation occured.

I mean what if what we call 'God' is actually the Universe? What if 'God', the Intelligence from which All comes from became the Universe? Could it be that 'God' is realizing Him/Herself in a material and concrete form as a Giant living being which we call the Universe and that as part of the Divine, we are experiencing life through Him/Her? That was a 'Wow' moment for me while contemplating this. These guys had put what I was thinking intuitively for a while but did not know how to define and put it into words.

I want to share these three videos for you:

What is it that we, as pandeists, mean exactly when we claim that 'Pandeism fully accounts'?That Pandeism is meticulous as to the miraculous and provides pro...

This video will explain the view of pandeism, on the concept of the afterlife. As with many other questions of this nature, there is no single monolithic pan...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Have a good day!

Comment

Working...
                    X