Why Kittens Make Terrible Familiars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Kittens Make Terrible Familiars

Not that I think either of my baby furtubes are my familiars, but I have seen enough reasons why it would be an awful idea:

-Prayer beads make a fun toy.
    -You're trying to write in your book of shadows; they just want to lay on top of it.
    -Kittens and lit candles are a bad combination.
    -To you it's a sacred robe. To them, it's something to climb up the inside of.
    -If you're doing spell work with herbs, they just want to eat them.
    -It's too much of a temptation to pull the altar cloth off.

Feel free to add your own!
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Re: Why Kittens Make Terrible Familiars

They howl or start getting into mischief while you do spell work or rituals, breaking your focus.
    They think everything is theirs, so just try setting up some kind of separate sacred space.

Comment

Settling down to meditate is the perfect opportunity for them to climb all over you.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Because as soon as you start ritual, they start crying at you to give them food.

Comment

When somebody in our flat tries to eat, the cat just tries to climb on the table, and eat one's food. So yeah, we can't eat in peace.

Habbalah, if you have a special place for it, try to keep your robe, book of shadows and everything else in a place that your cats can't reach. Try to even put them on a high shelf, for instance.
          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
            Habbalah, if you have a special place for it, try to keep your robe, book of shadows and everything else in a place that your cats can't reach. Try to even put them on a high shelf, for instance.
            I actually don't wear a sacred robe, but whenever I wear a nightgown, the kittens want to climb the inside of it. So I was imagining how much of a pain that would have been with a robe!

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Working...
            X