Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Urban Primitive: This book worth the look?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urban Primitive: This book worth the look?

Starting a spiritual journey and was wondering if this book had any good incite for urban pagans. Anyone read it and have thoughts toshare ?

Re: Urban Primitive: This book worth the look?

Well, you can get it used on Amazon for .10 used, plus 3.99 shipping...so...it might be wort the look. I've not read it, though I *think* I remember being present at a conversation about it (thought I could be confusing it with City Magick by Christopher Penczak (2.00 used on Amazon, plus 3.99 shipping right now), or perhaps the convo was about both of them), though (while my memory on such things is generally good, I was nigh on to tipsy and half nekkit dancing around a campfire sharing sea stories at gather at the time...). If I recollect correctly, reviews were mixed, but I couldn't give you details. You might try looking them up on Amazon or another book dealer's site (or goodreads) and reading the reviews, maybe that can give you come insight.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

The title sounded interesting at least.

Comment

I received this book as a gift some years ago, and read most of it. While there are some creative and perhaps educational pointers throughout this book, I wouldn't recommend following everything suggested by the author, specially if you're new on your path. There are some very obvious absurdities mentioned throughout the read, enough so that you can stay clear of them without anyone having to point it out.

Overall, not a terrible book and or a waste of time. But not a book to study on it's own. Always read it as if it's simply a reference with possible alternatives. Hope that helps!
        "By yarrow and rue, and my redcap too."

Comment

From what I've read in reviews, there's an intent for the book to be humorous as well as informative. Just something to keep in mind.
          We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
          It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
          Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
          -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I'm actually about to start reading this book. I've read a book from one of the authors before (Raven Kaldera), but it was BDSM-related, not pagan-related. Still, I enjoyed his style. If you like, I'll give you a brief review once I finish it.
            Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by OldMotherWestWind View Post
              I received this book as a gift some years ago, and read most of it. While there are some creative and perhaps educational pointers throughout this book, I wouldn't recommend following everything suggested by the author, specially if you're new on your path. There are some very obvious absurdities mentioned throughout the read, enough so that you can stay clear of them without anyone having to point it out.

Overall, not a terrible book and or a waste of time. But not a book to study on it's own. Always read it as if it's simply a reference with possible alternatives. Hope that helps!
              I appreciate the honest reply. I do believe I will give it a read, but I never take anything as a complete or perfect look into a subjec . Probably why I had such a hard time with religion and spirituality growing up. I was always trying to find personal and theological truth for myself instead of just accepting any one person's word as gospel.

Comment

Working...
              X