Thread: Self driving Car..

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

Self driving Car..

I have talked with people about their feelings on this self driving Car,and they go from Joy(future thinking) to "I would never trust riding in that"

Thing is how you feel may not matter because they are talking production in about 3-5 years. So buckle up and tell HAL where you want to go....

http://www.wired.com/2015/01/rode-50...future-boring/
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

Dec 2011
    Religion
    Ecletic Pagan
    Phrase
    There is no mastery--only constant improvement.

Re: Self driving Car..

Hmm. On one hand, I think it sounds cool, but on the other, people drive distracted as it is. My worry is that even a good, responsible driver would eventually get into the mindset of the car being in control, and spend more times playing on their phones or whatever and not paying attention to the road.
    “You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.” -- Bruce Lee

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

lady sings the blues DanieMarie's Avatar
    Oct 2009
    Religion
    Solitary Pagan

Apparently they have the potential to greatly reduce the accident rate -because- people drive so distractedly and often poorly (speeding, making terrible choices, taking stupid risks, etc). These cars can't speed. They can't text and drive. They aren't supposed to be able to run a red light or try to make a right turn when a pedestrian or cyclist has the right of way at a crosswalk or bike lane. I've read pretty good things about Google's car and it seems to have a lot of promise.

That being said, I'm not a driver, so I'm automatically not on board. I love my bike way too much! But if these things are programmed to let me have the right of way when I'm supposed to have the right of way, I'm already a fan.

I loved The Oatmeal's review of Google's car: http://theoatmeal.com/blog/google_self_driving_car
    Last edited by DanieMarie; 10 Jan 2015 at 10:20.

Oct 2011
    Religion
    Singularitarian
    Phrase
    If you can't slam with the best, then jam with the rest.

When computers are better than us at avoiding accidents in everyday conditions and at least decent at adapting to changing conditions, and that is probably not that far off, then I will be all for this.

I'm especially looking forward to automatic right of way resolution.
    Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.