Homosexuality, a Satanic 'sin'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homosexuality, a Satanic 'sin'?

I went into this metaphysical shop today to get some sandalwood incense. The cashier and I started talking after she told me about some free workshops and such at that location. It turns out she is a history major who was unable to get work in that field and so she is now pursuing a degree in anthropology. She is actually using the shop for her internship to complete a 'metaphysical' requisite in her coursework. Anyway, we started talking about religion and how so many pagan holidays have been 'Christian washed'. Out of left field, she says some Christians are more like Satanists in that they are so extremely anti-gay. She claims that Satanists are against homosexuality as it is considered unnatural and cannot produce offspring. On the other hand, Jesus was a cool old hippie who hung out with the gays and drunks and prostitutes.
    I really didn't want to say anything as I didn't truly feel like getting into a debate, so against my nature and my grated nerves, I told her to have a good day and got out of there. Now, I just want to know if I have misunderstood this or what. As far as I have seen, in any form of Satanism, be it LaVeyan or theistic, the only mention of sex is that you are not to make sexual advances unless they are invited. Am I missing something or is this woman just mistaken?

Re: Homosexuality, a Satanic 'sin'?

This woman is an idiot.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

What Duce said.
      Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I have no idea where, in the annals of any form of Satanism, the idea that we are "against" homosexuality - especially for the "reason" that it doesn't produce offspring - comes from.

To quote The Satanic Bible:

"Satanism condones any type of sexual activity which properly satisfies your individual desires - be it heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual or even asexual, if you choose. Satanism also sanctions any fetish or deviation which will enhance your sex life, so long as it involves non one who does not wish to be involved." The Satanic Bible, Chapter 6 - "Satanic Sex" - Anton Szandor LaVey.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
          This woman is an idiot.
          So what are you trying to say?

Btw, I agree.
          śivāya vishnu rūpaya śivaḥ rūpaya vishnave
          śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Comment

Anton Lavey is a smart man. I have read his books every once in a while.

Comment

Just a quote bt Jerry Falwell

"Good Christians, like slaves and soldiers, ask no questions."
              -- Rev Jerry Falwell, quoted Freethought Today, December, 1999, cited by Anthony T. Podestra of People for the American Way in, Dietz and Holden, Satiricon, p 44; quoted from Steve Benson "Latter-Day Saint To Latter-Day Ain't"; commemorating the "Tell It Like It Is" Freethought In Media Award, presented on November 5, 1999, by the Freedom From Religion Foundation; excerpted by PAM
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
              X