Capnomancy gone wrong. What do I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capnomancy gone wrong. What do I do?

So I had a friend over at my house. We lit up incense so she could ask a few yes or no questions about twin flames. The smoke said her twin flame was a guy she was infatuated with even though when she admitted her feelings to him he didn't really react. She accused the spirit we were talking to of lying and the smoke got violent. I started feeling uneasy. I felt anger and I told her to stop because the spirit was getting angry and she says it's because the spirit is a liar. Then she stormed out of my house and I felt I needed to leave my bedroom. So I guess I'm sleeping on the couch tonight.

It's not a bad spirit. But of course it isn't wise to anger spirits.

Re: Capnomancy gone wrong. What do I do?

Hi RikkiSteele. Sorry that it ended so badly. The best thing to do would be to apologize, in whatever way you sense would be best. Do you have other guardians or gods you speak with? If you feel uncomfortable asking the incense spirit directly, you can ask the gods/guardians you do know to ask for you on how to approach/apologize. If it happens the spirit asks for an offering, make sure it's something you can reasonably fulfill.

The risk of asking spirits (or any outside party) for answers is that they may tell you something you don't want to hear. Of course, your friend was under no obligation to believe the spirit either, but she could have refused the answer in a less rude way... I hope you and the spirit can come to a peaceful resolution.

Comment

Working...
    X