Imbolc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Imbolc

I haven't celebrated the Sabbats before (okay, Yule perhaps) but perhaps I should give Imbolc a try. I'm not yet sure how (or even on what day, 1st, 2nd or Candlemas which seems to be falling on 8th.)

I guess I'd go with something that has to do with purification and renewal. I also like the idea of returning light so perhaps something fire related. Candles or something. Although I get freaked out with the thought of possibly inhaling something harmful.
    Seems to me that you have a good idea om hos you wanna do it I am sure your work will be fine. I always love to light candela and if possible light a bonfire

Comment

Here's a short little thing I wrote for this year's Imbolc:

I wish upon the candle's light,
      For the Sun's return to might,
      And the end of Winter's cold;
      For the start of Summer's gold.

I think I'm also going to make some kind of dish with carrots, sweet mini peppers (red, yellow and orange), spinach and ricotta cheese for my mini feast!

Fire type colors for the returning sun, green for spring and ricotta cheese since dairy is traditional. I may even pick up a small thing of milk and do a milk libation in our back yard.

Comment

Originally posted by SleepingCompass View Post
        Here's a short little thing I wrote for this year's Imbolc:

I wish upon the candle's light,
        For the Sun's return to might,
        And the end of Winter's cold;
        For the start of Summer's gold.

I think I'm also going to make some kind of dish with carrots, sweet mini peppers (red, yellow and orange), spinach and ricotta cheese for my mini feast!

Fire type colors for the returning sun, green for spring and ricotta cheese since dairy is traditional. I may even pick up a small thing of milk and do a milk libation in our back yard.
        You are vert god at writing, I love it Sounds tasty

Comment

Working...
        X