Weird Dream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird Dream

At least once a month or so I dream about being able to shape shift into a raven and fly. What does this mean? I know my animal totem, or spirit animal is an Orca whale. So why am I having dreams about being able to turn into a raven and be able to fly?
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Re: Weird Dream

There can be many reasons... why do we dream anything? ... that you dream of an animal doesn't mean it's your new totem. If I were you, I'd try to think about what the raven means to you. And whether you think the dream is coming from yourself and your subconsciense communicating, or if it's something contacting you when I think ravens I think of hugin and munin.
    You remind me of the babe
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
      There can be many reasons... why do we dream anything? ... that you dream of an animal doesn't mean it's your new totem. If I were you, I'd try to think about what the raven means to you. And whether you think the dream is coming from yourself and your subconsciense communicating, or if it's something contacting you when I think ravens I think of hugin and munin.
      I'm not sure what it could mean. But I do know that when I think about a raven, I feel something deep within me. I will meditate on the raven and see if anything comes to me. I will try to remember the dreams and why I have to shift into the raven. Who are the two that you mentioned? Hugin and munin?

Comment

Originally posted by Dukali View Post
        I'm not sure what it could mean. But I do know that when I think about a raven, I feel something deep within me. I will meditate on the raven and see if anything comes to me. I will try to remember the dreams and why I have to shift into the raven. Who are the two that you mentioned? Hugin and munin?
        That sounds like a good idea. You could try to keep a pen and paper near your bed so you can write it down when you wake. Huginn and muninn (that seems to be the english way of spelling them) are odins ravens
        What babe?
        The babe with the power
        What power?
        The Power of voodoo
        Who do?
        You do!
        Do what?
        Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
          That sounds like a good idea. You could try to keep a pen and paper near your bed so you can write it down when you wake. Huginn and muninn (that seems to be the english way of spelling them) are odins ravens
          I will definitely research more into them. Perhaps it means something or someone is trying to reach out to me. Or maybe it is something else. Now that I think about it, two people lay in the hospital...perhaps the raven is an omen of one of their deaths. I know ravens do not mean only death, but that is all that comes to mind.

Comment

The raven usually is a symbol for the end of a phase. Maybe the dream once a month is trying to tell you to prepare because soon your life is about to take off in a way you never planned and you will be leaving the old behind.
            "By yarrow and rue, and my redcap too."

Comment

Originally posted by OldMotherWestWind View Post
              The raven usually is a symbol for the end of a phase. Maybe the dream once a month is trying to tell you to prepare because soon your life is about to take off in a way you never planned and you will be leaving the old behind.
              I had not thought of that. But I just did some divination in my cup of tea and saw a skull. Maybe I will try again later. Should I drink the tea if I saw that in it?

Comment

I had not thought of that. But I just did some divination in my cup of tea and saw a skull. Maybe I will try again later. Should I drink the tea if I saw that in it?
                Drinking the tea usually signifies acceptance, so if you feel unsure, my suggestion would be to not drink the tea.

Comment

Originally posted by OldMotherWestWind View Post
                  Drinking the tea usually signifies acceptance, so if you feel unsure, my suggestion would be to not drink the tea.
                  I felt very uneasy about it so I did not drink it. Thank you for telling me this.

Comment

I felt very uneasy about it so I did not drink it. Thank you for telling me this.
                    I'm glad I could help. Sometimes it's best to go with your gut feelings.

Comment

Dreams aren't always meaningful. IMHO, and it's probably not a popular opinion, the majority of dreams are regurgitations of things we've experienced or thought about during the day(s) before.

That being said, I also wanted to note that you can have more than one "spirit" animal - you can have many guides throughout your lifetime that come and go. Raven may be one of those. Ravens also can signify a great deal more than just "death". Although written for the Australian Raven, much is true of any Raven:

Comment

Originally posted by Torey View Post
                        Dreams aren't always meaningful. IMHO, and it's probably not a popular opinion, the majority of dreams are regurgitations of things we've experienced or thought about during the day(s) before.
                        A very sensible opinion to have, I think. Also, focusing less on the raven and more on the flying, it's not an abnormal thing to dream about, without necessarily having a deeper meaning. I know you're in the middle of moving, maybe flying as a raven is just a nice past time or maybe it heralds something new. Really, the best guess is your own, but don't be scared of it, they're not just death omens, they're wonderfully clever birds
                        What babe?
                        The babe with the power
                        What power?
                        The Power of voodoo
                        Who do?
                        You do!
                        Do what?
                        Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Working...