Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: World united asa church

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
    They've been recognized as a religion since 1999, when Wicca was. So has Druidry, and just about every other tradition.
    D'oh! I am soooo in a time warp. But of course, back in 1999 I was an agnostic deist who wasn't quite sure if Jesus and Krishna were the same deity wearing different outfits. I'm so lame. :='(:

Seriously, have you ever read the DoD's description of Wicca, in their chaplain handbook? Under "Other names"--"Witchcraft; Goddess worshippers; Neo-Paganism, Paganism, Norse (or any other ethnic designation) Paganism, Earth Religion, Old Religion, Druidism, Shamanism. Note: All of these groups have some basic similarities and many surface differences of expression with Wicca."
    I was happier in my time warp than reading that.
    śivāya vishnu rūpaya śivaḥ rūpaya vishnave
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Comment

Originally posted by Thorbjorn View Post
      D'oh! I am soooo in a time warp. But of course, back in 1999 I was an agnostic deist who wasn't quite sure if Jesus and Krishna were the same deity wearing different outfits. I'm so lame. :='(:

I was happier in my time warp than reading that.

Back in the 90's you were lucky just to get that...
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blodsbroder View Post
        Im going to be honest, we arn't that many in the world that worships the gods. it is perfectly possible for all believers to unite under 1 flag. just here in sweden we have 1 or 2 diffrent churches of asa. Why is the religion so shatterd ? if we unite under one interpretation of edda, beleif accept some diffrences or alot we could unite under a world pagan church that would spread the same words and gather followers on a grander scale. More followers are political power and the establishment of a nation or somethin along those lines.. i know that it's a long shot but i also know that everyone has thought the same question before. This is my suggestion, unite under the same word, interprete things the same way and let's start gather followers !.... WHOS WITH ME ?!!

...no one ? okej..
        Forming a united Church is a good idea, to store funds for building Temples to the Gods as existed in the old days as well as train people to be priests to specific gods, but understandably many Asatruar would not be into it.

Comment

Hey guys, speaking of a united asa church... They're planning to build a temple on Iceland. Just thought some here would be interested.

A modern version of Norse paganism has been gaining popularity in recent years as followers see the stories as metaphors for life not worship of the gods

Comment

Working...
          X