Hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello!

I have just gotten interested in paganism. My beliefs are currently volatile and too often flooded with that detestable thing known as materialism, but the essence of myself is highly spiritual and can be nothing else, thus leading to an internal conflict that is infinitely worse than any physical pain I have ever experienced. I was interested in Christianity as basically the default religion of my culture, but then I realized it just didn't make much sense to me, even though there are some Christians who are respectable and even admirable, and none of the other religions besides different forms of paganism really make a lot of sense either, even though there are parts of them all that I like and/or can agree with. So now I'm just looking for a pantheon, and looking for a god/dess who will call out to me, who will make him/herself unequivocally known to me. I must have so many blessings, but what I do not know is from whom. There are no pagan groups that I know of in my area, so I signed up for this forum.

I'm very interested in spirituality, and I'm trying to learn how to do shamanic drum journeying and other shamanic practices, but the part of me that wonders if they are real keeps holding me back. Outside of spiritual matters, I am interested in language/linguistics (especially German and Germanic languages), music, and philosophy, although they are constantly imbued with spirituality to me. I love reading literature (especially German literature, but I've been looking for things to learn some Old English as well recently) and material about parapsychology and life after death.

So, hello!

Re: Hello!

Welcome! I hope you enjoy it here!
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Welcome
      You remind me of the babe
      What babe?
      The babe with the power
      What power?
      The Power of voodoo
      Who do?
      You do!
      Do what?
      Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Greetings and welcome.
        "By yarrow and rue, and my redcap too."

Comment

If you're looking to learn old English there's plenty of copies of Beowulf in both contemporary and old English so you could learn it by spotting modern English cognates etc I would give you a link but I'm too junior to post them but googling Beowulf should do the trick. I intend to learn old English that way once I find the time

Comment

welcome to the forum

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Hi!
                Welcome to the forum
                Good luck on your search to find a pantheon and god(dess)! If you have questions, there's a lot of very knowledgeable people on here who are very nice and always willing to help, so don't be scared to speak up!

Comment

Working...
                X