Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I wonder if Thor would do this, or use this approach

Originally posted by Thorbjorn View Post
    Ryan Reynolds has a nice athletic physique, as does Hugh Jackman. Chris Hemsworth is built like a gymnast. Those guys are all well-proportioned. I'm 5'5" as I may have mentioned somewhere, with a "fireplug" build. An MD and a chiropractor both told me I have short thick bones and short thick muscles (not braggin' on myself)... a little bear. So this is what I have to - and am willing to - embrace as ME.

I was kind of tired last night and almost made an excuse to not go to the gym (Loki whispering in my ear? ), but I thought "wait a minute... would Thor or any warrior stop what he was doing because he was a bit tired - WWTD?" So, there is a difference between being tired and whiny and really needing to rest. I got in there and had a good workout.

Oh, they have nice bodies.... But they're not the ONLY nice bodies there are and certainly not the only healthy kind out there.

Ha ha, I love the idea of WWTD (as far as work outs go, I wouldn't use it as a guide on settling diplomatic disputes.... Unless you change the T to mean Tyr :P). I'm glad it's helping you stay on track. If you can keep it up, your body eventually stops trying to stop you from working out. But it's a hard road while you're getting there.

Comment

I adore your posts! You answer any questions i have just by posting! wonderful

Comment

Originally posted by Thorbjorn View Post
        Thanks for the support. I've always had a weight issue, except when I was on Weight Watchers, doing very intense exercise and lost too much weight. I looked like death on a cracker. I used to powerlift, as I mentioned, so in addition to gaining a lot of fat, I did gain a lot of muscle. Of course, as the saying goes, powerlifting is no excuse to get fat. Tbh, I don't want to get "ripped". I like the "power bear" look (oh really, ya think?... Thorbjorn: thunder bear). I think Thor wants for me what is achievable for me. Besides, I picture him as a big burly muscle bear, strong man competitor sort of like Chris Davies (note the Mjollnir pendant):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3764[/ATTACH]
        I thought that was you until I read the comment; I was jealous of your husband for a minute there.
        Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
          I thought that was you until I read the comment; I was jealous of your husband for a minute there.
          Ha! I wish that was me. He's just about got the strength of Thor.
          śivāya vishnu rūpaya śivaḥ rūpaya vishnave
          śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Comment

"The proper office of a friend is to side with you when you are in the wrong. Nearly anybody will side with you when you are in the right."--Mark Twain

"There are only two types of people in this world who walk around beardless; boys and women. I am neither one." --Ancient Greek saying

Comment

Thanks. Good luck to you too.
              śivāya vishnu rūpaya śivaḥ rūpaya vishnave
              śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Comment

Working...
              X