Germany Set to Open Up Autobahn to Self-Driving Vehicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Germany Set to Open Up Autobahn to Self-Driving Vehicles

So,perhaps not that far away,and we shell see where and when Cars become autonomous.

Yeh,I myself get a little freaked on this subject,BUT it seems to be the future of our cars.

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/auto...hicles-n294351
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: Germany Set to Open Up Autobahn to Self-Driving Vehicles

Yeah....I dont think theyll be in traffic yet, though. They're just on the test phase, which means that they'll test it in secure conditions.

And honestly, 50 mph isn't ready for the autobahn. That would piss drivers off soooo much....

That being said, I wouldnt be surprised if the German autobahn was one of the first highway systems to allow driverless cars. There is a reason there is no speed limit...it's seriously almost automatic, even when you are driving. Accidents happen, but its the safest highway system Ive ever been on...

Comment

Great! Now maybe the state can step in and mandate laws which force an adherence to all speed limitations! Good luck speeding when your limited by GPS installed limits which keep you from going faster than the limit. :3

That being said, I am generally against this whole 'automatise everything' shift that technology seems to be pushing for constantly. I personally hope that it is just a phase in mankind's scientific weirdness, and that soon enough we will evolve our interests towards more productive areas of inquiry.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not a huge fan of auto-mobiles in general. I am more excited about the possible future developments in MagLev Trains. ^u^

Comment

Speeding is impossible on the Autobahn. The A routes don't have any speed limits! But, they're designed to be so easy to drive on that driving at 150 km per hour is fairly safe.

I'm also not a huge fan of cars, and I wish Germany would invest more in updating its train system. It's totally possible to have high-speed trains that would reach Paris in 5-6 hours, but nope, gotta make the auto industry lobby happy.

Comment

Working...
        X