Ticking Clock (Trigger warning: death)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ticking Clock (Trigger warning: death)

I don't have a constant fear of death--it comes and goes, but I don't dwell on it. However, lately I've been feeling like my life is a ticking clock. I suppose everyone's is, but every moment my mind wanders, i feel that if I'm not doing something productive or towards my goals, I'm wasting my time. It's hard for me to relax with this sense of "YOU CAN'T FAFF ABOUT ONLINE, YOU'RE GOING TO DIE".

I take antidepressants already, and this feeling is a new one. I know I'm not very old (I'll be 32 this year), but this ticking clock in my head is adding a lot of stress to my life.
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Re: Ticking Clock (Trigger warning: death)

I get the same feelings. I'll be 58 in July and sometimes I feel my life has been a waste and it's whizzing by. I am bipolar 2/hypomanic-depressive; I can easily take nosedives, despite the meds. I often look around and compare myself to others (first big mistake). I wonder why I didn't do this, or why I passed up that, or why I'm not this or that by now. I feel like I waste time, but as John Lennon (and others) said "Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time". I don't know if my ramblings in any way address your thoughts, but suffice to say I know what you mean.
    śivāya vishnu rūpaya śivaḥ rūpaya vishnave
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Comment

Well I'm only 22 habbs, and that feeling is way too familiar for me as well. I do suffer from anxiety, so I get days where I'm a crying wreck. I've come a long way, but sometimes everything just crashes without warning. More often than I like. I often get that desperate feeling that time is slipping away and I'm not using it for anything. Yea. I take it day by day, and try to do something i want whenever I have energy for it.
      You remind me of the babe
      What babe?
      The babe with the power
      What power?
      The Power of voodoo
      Who do?
      You do!
      Do what?
      Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Hmmm,being very close to 68,I do wonder why I DON'T get this feeling...when younger yeh, I got it from time to time. I know I most likely could count my remaining years on my two hands,but that thought never enters my mind much..
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I get the same because you know..the heart attack on top of being bi polar. Pretty much means I was born to stress on death.

But I pretty much don't look at long term anymore. I know it's a bad idea. But it's how I can cope. I try to remember what my mother taught me without ever teaching me:

I remember walking to the supermarket and she saw some flowers in the pots. She said I can make them talk! And I'm like mom, did you take your meds? And she reaches down and pinches the petals and it suddenly had a mouth and was talking. It was those flowers you see in Disney cartoons being cute etc. And I was like, well shit. She's right!

And she was well into her 70s at this point. I try to live with her love of life. In all the small things. She took such joy in those small things. In ketchup on her fries. In sparkly things at the 99 cents store. In all the things we don't see because we are too busy trying to live. So when I get stressed because I feel my heart it beating funny. Or that I have a scab that's healing slower then I would like etc..I take a moment and find some joy in those things we miss.

But don't tell anyone this. Because as a Satanist I'm supposed to be a bad ass.

Note. I do take joy when children fall down. So there's that.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Well, Anu has a few years on me but I am over 50. Honestly, sometimes life feels like it is too long, like it is just a series of thing that I do. Fear death? Nah. Would rather not have one that involves a long period of pain or debility, but if it came to that it'd just be another thing. You would think that such a level of ambivalence would correspond with depression, but I am one of the happiest people I know. Go figure.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

It is really an unpleasant feeling. I know what will happen after I die - Wesir's court. So I don't worry much. Don't worry, Habbs. Live your life to the fullest as much as you can. It will turn out in the end.
              "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

You all know I am coming back to haunt you guys,that or start a major religious movement...haven't decided yet...
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Why choose when you can have it all? ^^
                  You remind me of the babe
                  What babe?
                  The babe with the power
                  What power?
                  The Power of voodoo
                  Who do?
                  You do!
                  Do what?
                  Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                    You all know I am coming back to haunt you guys,that or start a major religious movement...haven't decided yet...
                    Right. We're on the same side, Anu. Please note that.
                    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I guess it depends on how much you're thinking of it. I think it's pretty normal to start thinking like that in your early 30s. Some of your friends' parents start passing away, you become very aware that you are NOT 20 anymore, and all that jazz. I've become very aware of my own mortality (I'm 30). I'm now aware that I have limited time and that I probably won't do everything I wanted to. I'm also more aware of how I spend my time.

That being said, I don't think it should be making you anxious. If time is limited, might as well enjoy it, right?

Comment

Working...
                      X