This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rats and magic?

Can rats participate in magic? Mine got very excited the last few times I was practicing energy raising and divination, particularly Ratson, who's very connected to me. Is there a way I could incorporate him into rituals and whatnot? His presence makes me feel more comfortable with whatever it is that I'm doing, and he gives off a gentle, calm sort of 'vibe'. (if that makes sense) The others have different 'vibes' to them too, such as Pippa who has a more energetic one, or Ham who has a more subtle one.

I've thought about teaching them to perhaps walk alongside me when I practice casting circles? What are other ways they could help me? Is it safe for them to help in magic? They act like they want to, Ratson especially.

I'm relatively new to magic, so advice is always appreciated!

Re: Rats and magic?

I don't include animals with my work, but I can't imagine why this wouldn't work if they were willing. Rats are very smart.
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

My dog likes to sit beside me inside my circle and I feel like his presence helps me out; I don't see why it couldn't work with a rat too

Comment

I believe animals can in many ways be a connection in meditation and spiritual matters. In many ways animals are able to connect to the energy of nature because they exist much closer to the source. We as "thinking" beings,tend to be in a state of distraction with the natural energies.
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I have 3 cats in my home, and only one of them takes interest in my craft. I allow him to participate by simply being present during spell work, or meditation. He tends to willingly lend some of his energy as a being of nature. On a few occasions we've made prolonged eye contact during rituals, and I've felt a strong sense of focus through it.

Animals are earthbound beasts, and in a sense, hold energy from the universe itself.
          "By yarrow and rue, and my redcap too."

Comment

I have rats. It works fine, if they're willing.

Mine refuse to learn, and since they are old and rescues (read slightly neurotic with weird quirks) and adorable, I let them crawl about as they wish during my work (We have mostly rat-proofed everything, and can fence them into certain rooms).

So if your rats are interested, why not give it a try?

Comment

For what it is worth, other species of animals, horses, dogs, cats, and rabbits, too, I believe, have demonstrated the ability to act upon their person's visualizations. I don't see why a rat would not do this as well if bonded with a person.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

I believe it's called having a familiar. People have been using rats and other animals for thousands of years. Nothing unsafe about it at all. If anything it will focus your practice better than it would without him.

Comment

There is nothing wrong with having an animal companion(of any kind). Many animals will support a practitioner if they have a strong bond with the practitioner and the metaphysical energies. They would not be a true familiar, that would require making a spiritual bond with the animal, which I wouldn't recommend unless animal magic is part of your path.

Comment

I know rats were and still are sacred to Ptah. That's all I know, sorry I can't say more about the subject.
                    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Working...
                    X