Playing card divination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playing card divination

I see there are plenty of peeps here who use tarot cards, but I was wondering if anyone here uses playing cards? What are your experiences with them? How do you use them? How are they different from tarot cards, and how are they similar?

I have this cute little bitty deck that I tried out just for fun and I actually got answers that made sense to me. My only tarot deck is always so vague, its never been terribly helpful. Teeny deck is more straightforward with me. Some of you guys have mentioned 'bonding' with your decks, how do you guys go about that?

Thanks!

Re: Playing card divination

There are many techniques when using playing cards for divination, but I'm sure someone else will be able to answer that question better than I.

I can however, tell you my perspective on bonding with decks.

Cards comes with different personalities, which is why they will all answer differently. The best way to bond with your deck, is to treat is as a companion. That means handling it with care, and making a lot of physcial and mental contact with it.
    Some of the follow things can help with nurturing your relationship with your deck:
    - Doing daily readings, as a focus
    - Reviewing each card daily, and learning every detail possible within the art scheme
    - Setting your deck near you when you sleep
    - Making a custom carry pouch and or spread cloth for them
    - Asking the deck questions about itself
    - Giving it a name or asking it if it already has one
    - Simply holding your cards in your left hand during meditation
    - Taking your cards with you on walks or travel

Something else to be noted, is not all cards will want to bond. It has to be mutal, and it does take time for some decks. Usually, cards will choose us, but there are times were we can get cards to open up to us if we show them the proper integrity.
    "By yarrow and rue, and my redcap too."

Comment

Here's a guide that might help.
      Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
        Here's a guide that might help.
        Thank you for the link! It seems to correspond with the other site I've been using as reference, but that one didn't have spreads. Very helpful!

Comment

I second and third that a bond with the cards makes a big difference in what you learn from them. If the little deck you have is speaking to you in a way that makes sense, go with it! I'd also add that sometimes a bond isn't there, but that doesn't mean there won't ever be one. I have a few decks but didn't bond with them all very well. However, in the last month one deck seems to have a change of heart and gives me an 'invited' feeling when I look at it. Time and practice will work for all of us in our paths.

Comment

Working...
          X