Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4th grader suspended for taking the One Ring to school

I'm just confused.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Re: 4th grader suspended for taking the One Ring to school

Yeah. I heard this on the radio this morning. He was also suspended previously for bringing in the "Big Book of Knowledge" because a section taught about pregnancy and had an illustration of a pregnant woman. Me thinks Texas school are messed up.
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I am going to take a "Wild" guess as to the location of this school...Not in middle earth to be sure...

- - - Updated - - -

Also reminds me why I never have been in Texas...

- - - Updated - - -

Looked at some other sites with the story..some blame liberal's,others blame Conservatives depending on the sites...Myself Just think stupid about covers it.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

This one even made it into the Danish new papers (I suppose it was the daily dose of 'stupid things Americans do') and my colleagues and I just stared baffled at the screen, I mean 'Really, Texas?'
        *wanders off befuddled*
        Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

Oh, my hell. Terrorist threat, my ass!
          Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

But my precious,I am coming for you....The one ring around the collar...
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
              But my precious,I am coming for you....The one ring around the collar...
              That sounds kinda hot. I'm interested.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Wait wait wait a minute, this is also in Texas.. Come on.. Texas you are killing me right now. I don't know if you guys have noticed but for all of our wonderfulness we do have a bunch of idiots. I think I'm ready to move again.
                "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                  Wait wait wait a minute, this is also in Texas.. Come on.. Texas you are killing me right now. I don't know if you guys have noticed but for all of our wonderfulness we do have a bunch of idiots. I think I'm ready to move again.
                  You can come sleep on my couch in Michigan, if you don't mind kittens or snow.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
                    You can come sleep on my couch in Michigan, if you don't mind kittens or snow.
                    As a matter of fact I like both!!!! I will need new clothes for all that coldness but hey a new wardrobe is better then being in Texas right now.
                    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

The child was suspended because threats, magical and otherwise, are not tolerated according to the principal. He was suspended twice afore for referring to another student's skin colour and bringing with him to school a book about pregnancy. Ooooh!

This can happen in any region or state where the school system has a zero tolerance policy.

Comment

Originally posted by Vel View Post
                        The child was suspended because threats, magical and otherwise, are not tolerated according to the principal. He was suspended twice afore for referring to another student's skin colour and bringing with him to school a book about pregnancy. Ooooh!

This can happen in any region or state where the school system has a zero tolerance policy.
                        He did not bring a book about pregnancy. He brought a book called the Book of Knowledge, which contained a section on pregnancy and an illustration of a pregnant woman. He brought it to show the section on the solar system because that was what they were studying at the time.
                        We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                        It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                        Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                        -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Vel View Post

I don't think that staff misunderstanding that the One Ring makes someone invisible counts as a magical threat.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

At least it wasn't a Satanist. Finally!
                            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                              At least it wasn't a Satanist. Finally!
                              Satan made the One Ring.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Working...
                              X