Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iceland to construct Pagan Temple

Source: Iceland Magazine

This particular temple will be dedicated to Thor, Odin and Frigg, and will hold such ceremonies as weddings, funerals, and will also confer names to children and initiate teenagers. The temple shall also be a place for celebrating the Blot with music, reading, eating and drinking.

I think this is great news! :3
    The best way for individuals to get used to Pagan religions and beliefs is through exposure and by establishing a presence within the communities. There are very few official temples for pagan faiths in the Western world, so I think this is a great step in the right direction, and I wonder where the next pagan temple will open. ^-^
    Last edited by LunarHarvest; 03 Feb 2015, 13:44.

Re: Iceland to construct Pagan Temple

I read that in the guardian too! It looked great actually I think I saw somewhere in an interview with the high priest pagans of all paths will be invited to worship but the primary focus is asatru

Comment

Wow. That's just a little bit of awesome.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

That's so cool. You know what this means, right? NORDIC ROAD TRIP. ...boat trip. Whatever.
        Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
          That's so cool. You know what this means, right? NORDIC ROAD TRIP. ...boat trip. Whatever.

Comment

Working...
          X