Does the future frighten you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the future frighten you?

It comes up from time to time..."I don't trust that","That talking machine scares me"..."that's not natural". I think all of us from time to time are caught off guard when we see the future creeping right up to our face.

So,how does the emerging future effect you personally. Also how do your kids(Younger friends) see the future,and do they also feel a bit of fear..or do they just take it for granted?

Spill your guts about the future....
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: Does the future frighten you?

I'm too old to be frightened of it, and I have no skin in the game. I'm so glad I was born when and where I was, and have seen and done what I've seen and done. I just hope I'm at ground zero when the big one goes off!

Younger people I know are either in ivory towers or are very, very scared.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Scared cause they will be around it for a LONG time..
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I'm actually more scared of the present than the future. Maybe I'm just an oddball though.

Comment

I'm afraid of the future because I don't know what it holds for my health. Other than that, if someone is going to blow up the world, it's not like I can do a lot to stop it.
          Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

My grandparents were optimistic about the future, and about my future. Back then, everything was "futuristic" - we were very forward-looking as a society. I remember JFK giving that speech about how we were going to land a man on the moon, and the NY World's Fair with all its "I Have Seen The Future" exhibits, etc. Costs were in line with paychecks. If you weren't a gambler/alcoholic, etc., you did OK if you applied yourself. People struck out to new states or new countries and built a life.

Times have changed. I guess we got to that future they envisioned, and then dropped off the cliff's edge.
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I won't lie...the future terrifies me. Sometimes I kind of panic that our civilization is collapsing. I don't think it will happen in our lifetime, but it keeps me awake at night thinking about how things will be for our kids (or more likely, grandkids).

Comment

The global events that will occur in my lifetime have already been set into motion. With centuries of scientific, political, and cultural forces combined with basic human nature and physical laws to work against, there is very little that any one of us could do to really change that.

The future will happen the way it'll happen, and I'll play my part one way or another. What I can change is my outlook, I can either be ultimately irrelevant in the grand scheme of things and content or ultimately irrelevant in the grand scheme of things and miserable.
                Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Nope. I'm quite excited for the future..whenever it gets here

Seriously with someone with an acute disease like Diabetes, the future can only help.
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Nope. I'll be living or I'll be dead.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Six of one and half dozen of the other...

It depends on my mood.
                      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Only the part I get.
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Frightened? No.

Concerned? Abso-damn-lutely.
                          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                          sigpic

Comment

Technologically: Not really, although some of the automation and the possibility of fully sentient robots I find mildly irksome.

Socially: Absolutely, the obsession with wealth and extravagance and the rampant egotistical individualism which has become the norm at an ever increasing rate is of huge concern to me.

Comment

Originally posted by LunarHarvest View Post
                              Socially: Absolutely, the obsession with wealth and extravagance and the rampant egotistical individualism which has become the norm at an ever increasing rate is of huge concern to me.
                              Very well said.
                              Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Working...
                              X