Cleaning a crystal ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning a crystal ball

Its my moms, its pretty old and dirty. I'd really like to clean and reenergize it, any suggestions or special ways I should do it?

Re: Cleaning a crystal ball

I would suggest glass cleaner for the physical dirt, and white vinegar for the spiritual dirt. I use white vinegar to cleanse everything.
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

what is the crystal ball made of? lead glass, quartz crystal, etc.
      Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons, For You Are Crunchy And Good With Kethup.

Comment

Crystal, from what I was told.

With the white vinegar do i just wipe it down as with regular cleaner?

Comment

You actually can use white vinegar as a regular cleaner. A lot of people clean with vinegar. But yeah, I put it on a paper towel and wipe it as if cleaning it.
          Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Oh, well very well, thanks! I'll be doing that then.

Comment

'Crystal' is non specific when it comes to crystal balls, unfortunately. I probably wouldn't use vinegar if you don't know exactly what is meant by 'crystal', as it's mildly acidic and can damage some stones and etch some polished surfaces. I also wouldn't use salt water for the same reason (it's not acidic, but it can damage some stones and etc some polished surfaces).

I've heard using a weak mugwort tea rinse is good for crystal balls.

I would think that whatever you use, a good polish with a soft cloth after drying would help with smudges and fingerprints.

And please never, ever, ever leave a non-opaque crystal ball in direct sunlight (no one has suggested that so far, but it's a common suggestion for cleansing and charging stones and crystals). That's a good way to burn down your house.

Comment

Mugwort tonics mixed with fresh rain water work best to charm or charge your crystal ball. It's always worked best for me at least. Actual cleaning, I'd find a cloth that has been purified in some way, that you can devote to only ever lightly dusting your crystal ball.
                And like the post above said, do not ever leave your ball in direct sunlight.
                "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
                And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
                They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
                The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
                - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Comment

Working...
                X